2019 Yamaha Wolverine X4 SE
PROVEN OFF-ROAD INNOVATION AND STYLE
Boasting painted exterior, color-matched interior and overfenders, the trail-taming Wolverine X4 SE combines style with comfort and capability.
- SMOOTH AND POWERFUL TWIN-CYLINDER ENGINE: The Wolverine X4 SE is powered by an 847 cc DOHC, eight-valve, parallel twin-cylinder motor that features the full range of Yamaha’s advanced performance technologies. Forged pistons and connecting rods ensure durable high-rpm performance, with Yamaha’s 270° Crossplane Concept Crankshaft for linear torque development and excellent power throughout the rpm range. To improve efficiency, the engine features a dry-sump design for a more compact layout and offset cylinder block to reduce friction loss, while rubber engine mounts and a geared counterbalancer ensures smooth running from idle to redline.
- ULTRAMATIC TRANSMISSION: Yamaha’s Ultramatic® transmission is the most advanced—and durable—CVT drive system available. An automatic centrifugal clutch maintains constant belt tension for reduced belt wear and a sprag clutch delivers natural all-wheel engine braking. In the Wolverine X4 SE, a robust clutching system features an oversized belt for durability under aggressive riding, while still maintaining low cruising rpm for smooth, quiet running.
- ON-COMMAND 4WD: Yamaha’s renowned On-Command® 4WD system lets you switch between 2WD, limited-slip 4WD and a fully locked differential 4WD. Unlike competitors’ automatic 4WD systems, On-Command puts the driver in full control to make the most of available traction in any sort of terrain.
- COMPACT AND NIMBLE CHASSIS: Designed for maneuverability, the Wolverine X4 SE chassis is super agile, making tight trails a breeze, with lightweight steering to select the ideal line when tackling obstacles.
- YAMAHA CHIP CONTROLLED THROTTLE (YCC-T): The Wolverine X4 SE engine utilizes YCC-T®, a drive-by-wire system that converts the driver’s commands into precise throttle control—Real World Tech for impeccable engine response. Throttle response is further improved thanks to a ‘high-response’ servo motor for ultra-fast throttle application, 12-hole fuel injectors and a high-volume airbox with two-stage air filtration.
- CLASS-LEADING ELECTRIC POWER STEERING: Yamaha’s Electric Power Steering (EPS) provides the industry’s best balance of steering assist and positive feedback from the trail, with light steering, speed-sensitive steering response, and minimal fatigue.
- EXCELLENT GROUND CLEARANCE: Independent suspension at all four corners gives excellent response, handling feel and bump absorption. With an upswept underbody design and wide arc A-arms, the Wolverine X4 SE boasts big approach and departure angles to clear challenging terrain, with plenty of clearance to get in and out of the most remote areas.
- POWERFUL ALL-WHEEL DISC BRAKES: Large 207 mm vented disc brakes with two-piston calipers provide exceptional stopping power on all four wheels, with excellent feel and minimal noise.
- MAXIMUM VERSATILITY: In addition to the ability to comfortably seat four adults, the Wolverine X4 features an ingenious storage system for cargo flexibility. By folding and sliding the rear seats forward, the rear area expands and transports up to 600 pounds, with multiple tie-down points to secure cargo. And a full 2,000 pounds of towing capacity.
- SMOOTH, QUIET POWERTRAIN: Thanks to spiral- and helical-cut drivetrain gearing, the rubber-mounted and counterbalanced engine, and a variety of noise- and vibration-reducing inserts around the cabin, the Wolverine X4 SE is one of the smoothest and quietest recreational side-by-sides ever built. Sneak through trails without disturbing nearby animals, or simply enjoy the improved refinement after a long day riding on the trail.
- ROOMY FOUR-PERSON CABIN: With four high-backed seats, each with shoulder bolsters and automotive-style three-point seat belts, the Wolverine X4 SE provides a comfortable perch for everyone on board, even with four adults. More importantly, the Wolverine X4 SE offers plenty of foot room, including in the rear seats, which are mounted slightly higher than the front row for stadium-style seating and enhanced visibility for all. Multiple cup holders, high-traction floorboards and adjustable driver seat and steering column round out the amenities.
- PLUSH SUSPENSION: Thanks to the well-developed suspension tuning and self-leveling shocks, the Wolverine X4 provides a plush, well-damped riding feel that further improves cabin comfort, all without the need to adjust suspension to suit the changes in load every time you add or remove cargo.
- SUPERIOR MUD PROTECTION: Full-enclosed doors and high, wide fenders ensure that mud, rocks and sticks all stay outside the cabin so you and your passengers can enjoy the ride even more.
- LED LIGHTING: The Wolverine X4 SE features LED headlights and taillights, for brilliant visibility, long life and minimal power draw.
- ACCESSORY READY: With nearly 600 watts of electrical output from the engine, two standard 12V DC ports and four pre-wired accessory switches, the Wolverine X4 SE is ready for a wide range of accessories and add-ons.
- INDUSTRY’S MOST DURABLE CVT: The Wolverine X4 SE transmission uses its own cooling intake to maintain proper temperatures, an oversized belt to handle the torque of the large motor, and Yamaha’s unique sprag clutch to maintain constant belt tension—the end result is a drivetrain built for years of trouble-free service that leaves the competition in the dust.
- RELIABLE ENGINE LUBRICATION AND COOLING: With a large oil capacity circulating in the dry-sump system, liquid-cooled oil cooler, and a large radiator with integrated blower, the Wolverine X4 SE powerplant is able to handle the toughest jobs without complaint.
- FULL UNDERBODY SKID PLATES: Complete skid plates protect the entire underbody of the Wolverine X4 SE, from the front differential to the rear gear case, to ensure gnarly terrain doesn’t stop you. And as with other Yamaha machines, the skid plates include convenient service points to access fluid drain locations without removing the guards.
- COMPLETE INSTRUMENTATION: Full LCD digital meter gives the driver a complete picture at a glance, with a large dimmable readout. Vehicle status and warnings are clearly displayed, along with easily accessible odometers and trip and hour meters.
- SPEED MANAGEMENT SYSTEM: The Wolverine X4 SE also comes standard with a Speed Management System which allows the owner to limit the vehicle to a top speed of 25 mph, ideal for work sites or other special operating conditions.
- BUILT REAL WORLD TOUGH™, ASSEMBLED IN THE USA: As with other Yamaha ATVs and Side-by-Sides, the Wolverine X4 SE is assembled in the USA to meet Yamaha’s exacting standards for durability and reliability.
- REAL WORLD TECH: Yamaha’s advantages in the side-by-side industry are easily seen in the technology that comes standard with every Wolverine X4™ SE - Yamaha’s driver-centric On-Command 4WD, ultra-reliable Ultramatic CVT and industry-leading, speed-sensitive Electric Power Steering.
- ADVANCED SUSPENSION SYSTEM: Plush, well-damped suspension perfectly balances comfort with chassis control and bump absorption. Advanced rear self-leveling shocks automatically adjust for changes in vehicle and passenger loads to ensure ideal chassis performance with every ride.
- POTENT 847 CC TWIN-CYLINDER POWERPLANT: Featuring drive-by-wire throttle, a 270-degree crankshaft design and lightweight internals, the Wolverine X4 SE shares performance technology with Yamaha’s class-leading sportbikes, for thrilling power on every ride with unmatched smoothness and refinement.
- ROOM FOR FOUR: With high-back seats and plenty of legroom, the Wolverine X4 SE offers comfortable, secure seating for four full-sized adults. The second row is raised for excellent visibility, with comfortable handholds and three-point seatbelts for each seat.
- VERSATILITY UNEQUALED: The Wolverine X4 SE offers a balance of work-ready functionality, refined comfort and trail-proven capability that confirming Yamaha is the ultimate outdoor adventure partner.
||Wolverine X4 SE
||Bolt Blue Metallic
Front - Dual hydraulic disc
Rear - Dual hydraulic disc, shaft-mounted parking brake
Front - AT26 x 8-12 Maxxis® MU75
Rear - AT26 x 10-12 Maxxis® MU76
||Wet - 1,666 lb.
||Maximum - 10.7 in.
||Yamaha Ultramatic V-belt with all-wheel engine braking; L, H, N, R
||Yamaha On-Command 3-way locking differential; 2WD, 4WD, full diff-lock 4WD
||Parallel-twin DOHC, 8 valves
|Bore x Stroke
||82 x 80.2 mm
||Mikuni® fuel injection with YCC-T, dual 36 mm throttle bodies
|Fuel Tank Capacity
||TCI (Transistor Controlled Ignition)
||4 person capacity
Front - Independent double wishbone with anti-sway bar; 8.7 in. travel
Rear - Independent double wishbone with anti-sway bar, self-adjusting shock absorbers; 8.9 in. travel
|Cargo Box Capacity
Bolt Blue Metallic
||6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)