2018 Yamaha VK Professional II EPS
THE PERFECT PARTNER.
Professional grade workhorse that looks as good as it performs. Fuel-Injected engine, functional styling and an unstoppable work ethic.
- PROTECTIVE WINDSHIELD: A wide, tall, wrap-around style windshield delivers greater protection from the elements as well as unsuspecting tree branches and limbs. The windshield has been wind tunnel tested to reduce unwanted negative swirl and deliver a greater “pocket” of comfort for both driver and passenger.
- STANDARD ELECTRIC START: Seamless and easy to use electric start delivers instant and hassle free starts, no matter the weather, eliminating the need for an “old-school” pull rope.
- STANDARD TOW HITCH: In addition to a host of on-board creature comforts and storage, a standard factory rear mounted tow hitch is at the ready for additional gear or occasional light-duty work.
- EXPANSIVE UNDER-SEAT STORAGE: With a hinged, flip-up seat, the VK Professional II EPS exudes its work ethic at every turn. The large under-seat storage touts an integrated tool kit and room for much more.
- RAISED PASSENGER SEAT: The wide and plush standard two-up seat provides comfort for two with integrated backrest.
- PRO COMFORT SUSPENSION: This dual-shock, fully coupled suspension features a simple and effective flip-lever torsion spring adjustment to quickly adapt the suspension for one-up or two-up riding, or for hauling a heavy payload. A 40 mm, High Pressure Gas (HPG) shock provides exception control, fade resistance, and maximum work capabilities.
- CAMOPLAST 1.5 COBRA WIDE TRACK: The primary purpose of the 20 x 154 x 1.5 in. Cobra track is to fully maximize all available snow with confidence-inspiring deep snow floatation and powerful pulling force. The 1.5 in. lug is perfect for low-speed or high-load situations that utility sleds often function in.
- GULL WING A-ARM FRONT SUSPENSION: The unique “curved” front suspension delivers increased clearance thereby reducing the potential for impact and damage when encountering hidden rocks, stumps, or other debris when navigating unknown terrain.
- KYB GAS CELL SHOCKS: The coil-over front shocks are specifically calibrated for additional loads and off-trail riding, yet still deliver a plush, predictable ride on-trail.
- THREE SPEED TRANSMISSION: The Hi/Lo transmission with reverse is workhorse one minute, and a versatile trail cruiser the next. With a simple to use manual actuated lever, you can select from “normal” high range for cruising to low range and pull heavy loads.
- DIRECT TO CRANKSHAFT CLUTCHING: Instead of a gear reduction system, as found on some four-stroke designs, both versions of the Genesis 1049 engine has a primary clutch mounted directly to the crankshaft. This allows the engine to be mounted lower in the chassis, and eliminates parts, complexity, and weight resulting in improved handling and improved durability.
- HIGH FLOTATION UHMW SKIS: Wide skis deliver added flotation when traveling off-trail, while an engineered keel provides predictable handling and easy to steer manners.
- HEAVY DUTY WRAP-AROUND BUMPER: In addition to the work-inspired design, a stout, wrap-around bumper provides protection from the bumps and bangs that come with a day on the job.
- 1049 CC GENESIS 4-STROKE ENGINE (VK UNIQUE): Yamaha’s reliable three-cylinder engine features an advanced Yamaha fuel-injection system for incredibly accurate fuel metering for spot on performance, fuel sipping economy and instant starts, no matter the environment. A broad, flat power-band delivers instant thrust from nearly any speed, and a thick torque curve provides an abundance of power to pull heavy loads all backed by a track record of unstoppable reliability.
- UTILITY INSPIRED STYLING: A fresh look for the battle proven VK Professional II EPS is both modern and tough. With additional venting for ample underhood cooling, and smooth lines that are less prone to damage and cracking, the VK Professional II is designed to perform season after season.
- NEW ELECTRIC POWER STEERING: Yamaha was the first and still the only manufacturer to offer Electric Power Steering to the snowmobile industry. The velocity sensing system delivers maximum assistance at slow speeds to nearly zero assistance and high speeds. Aside from dramatically reducing steering effort, the system reduces negative feedback, helping isolate the driver from unwanted steering effort.
- WORKFORCE MIRRORS: Functional mirrors tout a large viewing area, making it easier to see what lies behind. The mirrors are mounted on the interior side of the Protective Windshield, shielding them from potential damage.
- DIGITAL GAUGE: An easy to view and operate digital gauge package keeps tabs on all vital engine and vehicle attributes while also delivering added features including hour meter, trip meters, clock and much more.
- LARGE CAPACITY FUEL TANK: Enjoy extended range and expanded work capability with a large fuel tank. The tank boasts of a capacity in excess of 11.6 gallons.
- DRIVER'S SEAT: The VK Professional II seat was specifically designed with driver comfort and convenience in mind. The seat better positions the driver in relationship to the controls, delivers enhanced comfort, and provides easier egress and ingress when getting on and off the vehicle.
- HIGH CAPACITY CARGO RACK: Carrying expanded loads, be it for work or play, is one of the core attributes of the VK Professional II EPS. A large cargo rack serves up more capacity and ease of use whether you are hauling supplies to camp, tools to the job site, or fishing gear to the icepack.
||VK Professional II EPS
Engine & Drivetrain
Front - Hydraulic, gas cell
Rear / Center - 40 mm HPG
Independent, Double Wishbone
Travel - 6.3 in. (161 mm)
Pro Comfort with flip-up rails
Travel - 11.3 in. (287 mm)
||4 stroke, Mid Performance class
||11.8 gal. (44.6 l)
Reverse - Standard
||Electronic Fuel Injection
||Center to center - 38.4 in. (975 mm)
||Camso® Cobra™ WT