2018 Yamaha Sidewinder M-TX SE 153
DECIDE WHERE YOU RIDE.
High-performance Genesis 1049 engine propels 3.0 in. PowerClaw track and narrow SRV-M front suspension.
- FOX® FLOAT® 3 FRONT SHOCKS: Light weight and progressive, these air sprung shocks are easy to dial into a wide variety of terrain and riding style by simply adjusting air pressure with the convenient high pressure pump (supplied).
- FOX® FLOAT® 3 REAR SUSPENSION: An HPG Aluminum 1.5 shock is mounted on the front arm while a lightweight, Float3 air shock controls the rear arm. There is no need for heavy torsion springs with this system as the easily adjusted air shock offers a wide range of tuning with progressive rate to resist bottoming.
- DIGITAL GAUGE: Full-featured and easy to read, the digital gauge displays critical information in a glance including speed, fuel level, trip mileage, tach and more. We even included a clock so you can watch the time fly.
- PUSH BUTTON REVERSE: Convenient handlebar positioning makes shifting to and from reverse easy with just the push of your thumb. A servo motor shifts the drivetrain into reverse simply and consistently. An audible warning beeper reminds you when you are still in reverse.
- CONTOURED MOUNTAIN SEAT: Lightweight, with a tall and narrow profile, the Sidewinder M-TX SE 153 mountain seat is both shorter and more tapered towards the front than our standard trail seat. This allows for easier rider transitions from side-to-side, and improved stand-up ergonomics
- DUAL SHOCK SRV-M REAR SUSPENSION: The deep snow specific Dual Shock SRV Mountain rear suspension is a torsion springless design incorporating an infinitely adjustable FOX® FLOAT® air-shock at the rear arm for reduced weight and limitless tuning capabilities. The specific design and geometry offers excellent transfer with exceptional resistance to bottoming while maintaining consistent track tension throughout its long stroke travel. The open suspension design allows snow to evacuate quickly and easily, eliminating build up and unwanted weight.
- LIGHTWEIGHT, RIGID SRV MOUNTAIN CHASSIS: The updated SRV M chassis combines a load-bearing triangulated structure with lightweight aluminum construction to create a neutrally balanced sled that's centered on the rider. The pyramidal upper frame creates chassis strength without excessive weight.
- MOUNTAIN STEERING SYSTEM: A dedicated, tall steering post delivers optimum ergonomics for standup riding. The 5.5 inch riser, with broad, molded, curved-end mountain bar and incorporated mountain strap delivers ample leverage for off-trail riding. The system is adjustable to dial in sweep and reach to help keep you in the sweet spot.
- CENTRALIZED MASS DESIGN: The SRV chassis layout was engineered with the goal of centralizing mass. Approximately 60 percent of the sled's weight is tightly centered within the main triangulation. The result is a quick-handling, well balanced sled, that's fun to throw around in a wide variety of conditions.
- YAMAHA MOUNTAIN SKI: The lightweight Yamaha Mountain ski delivers everything you want in a deep snow ski. Its wide footprint enhances flotation and actively lifts the sled’s nose up on plane in deep powder. Traction lugs on the top of the ski give you a sure foothold when the situation gets really gnarly. The wide and deep keel design deliver light steering effort yet confident and predictable handling on hard pack and in fresh fluff.
- HIGH TECH TURBO: The Nickel alloy turbine body is extremely strong and precise, able to withstand highly elevated temperatures. Supported by premium, ceramic ball bearings, the Inconel turbine blade assembly is very light and strong. This yields a low moment of inertia for lightning quick response to exhaust gas input. Turbo charging also maintains maximum horsepower regardless of elevation unlike non-turbo engines which can lose up to 40% of their horsepower on top of the mountain.
- MITSUBISHI ELECTRONIC CONTROL UNIT: The Yamaha-developed Mitsubishi ECU uses a series of 9 sensors to gather running condition data which it computes using a predetermined memory ‘map’. It then adjusts ignition timing, fuel delivery, manifold air-pressure and turbo boost pressure to produce maximum Performance under any condition - reliably.
- TRIPLE THROTTLE BODY INDUCTION: Yamaha wanted an engine that's exceptionally quick to respond with little or no 'lag' as found in a conventional turbo. One of the ways they achieved their goal was to develop an intake system using three separate throttle bodies positioned very close to the intake valves. Instead of just one feeding long intake tubes — something that is not seen in any other production turbo on the planet. And another first for Yamaha with the Genesis turbo.
- ELECTRONIC AIR BYPASS VALVE (APV): Unlike conventional turbo 'blow-off' valves, the Yamaha ABV redirects air pressure back into the intake side of the compressor to prevent surge and help maintain impeller speed, always at the ready for the next acceleration with seamless power delivery.
- LIQUID COOLED TURBO BODY: Engine coolant is circulated through the turbocharger to control both underhood temperature and help cool the intake charge. Upon engine shut down, the convection energy produced by super-heated coolant at the turbo head keeps it circulating without the coolant pump in operation. This eliminates the need for an engine cool down cycle while maintaining high durability in the turbo components.
- 998 GENESIS TURBO ENGINE: The turbo boosted, one liter triple is unmatched when it comes to delivering incredible power with the refinement and quality you have come to expect from a Yamaha. Designed around a premium turbo unit, every engine component from intake to exhaust, is dedicated to producing uncompromised performance. In only its second year in production the Yamaha turbo has earned the respect and reputation befitting the industries highest achiever. Truly this is the potent venom of a Sidewinder M-TX SE 162 bite.
- DROP ROLLED CHAINCASE AND TUNNEL: The chaincase is relocated to allow clearance for new more efficient, 8 tooth extrovert track drivers. The tunnel is also modified for greater clearances with slightly narrowed running boards to aid in deep snow maneuverability.
- YSRC HIGH PERFORMANCE CLUTCH SYSTEM: The YSRC primary and roller secondary clutches were specifically designed for durable, cool operation. They harness and transfer the massive torque produced by the Genesis Turbo, efficiently to the track while minimizing drive belt wear. The primary shifts out aggressively to use all the power on tap while the roller secondary is quick to back-shift and provides additional ratio through its oversize sheaves to keep accelerating long after the others have signed off.
- 3-INCH POWER CLAW TRACK: This 153 inch long Power Claw track touts tall 3-inch lugs with a special engineered pattern to deliver the ultimate in deep snow traction and lift. The 3.0 pitch spacing helps reduce weight with fewer reinforcing rods, clips and rubber. Designed for optimum performance in deep fresh powder, where track speed and deep paddles are critical to gain enough lift and floatation.
- 36-INCH SRV-M FRONT SUSPENSION: The sleek SRV-M Front Suspension is ultra compact to reduce unwanted spindle and suspension component drag in deep snow. The narrow stance allows for extreme maneuverability and delivers aggressive lean angles for incredible side-hilling and powder turn capabilities. The lightweight, forged aluminum spindles join the widely spaced upper and lower control arms producing a large caster angle for tight side-hilling and ease of steering. The clean, narrow overall stance and elimination of the sway bar also greatly enhances deep snow agility.
||Sidewinder M-TX SE 153
||132 in. (3,360 cm)
||44 in. (1,117 cm)
Engine & Drivetrain
||FOX FLOAT 3
Independent, Double Wishbone
Travel - 7 in. (177 mm)
Travel - 15.5 in. (419 mm)
||Turbo 4-stroke, ultra-performance
|Bore x Stroke
||80 x 66.2 mm
||8.9 gal. (33.6 l)
||Electronic Fuel Injection
||36 in. (914.4 mm)
||153 x 15 x 3 in. (3,886 x 381 x 76 mm) Camoplast® Power Claw™