2019 Yamaha Sidewinder M-TX LE 162
BEST POWER TO WEIGHT RATIO IN THE MOUNTAINS.
It's no secret that turbo charging negates the loss of horsepower at altitude.
- LARGE FUEL TANK: The generous 10-gal (38 l) fuel tank of the Sidewinder M-TX LE 162 serves more purposes than just carrying a day's worth of fuel. It also cradles the battery and is the platform for the quick-release mountain seat.
- HEATED MOUNTAIN SEAT: Lightweight, with a tall and narrow profile, the Sidewinder B-TX LE 153 mountain seat is both shorter and more tapered towards the front than our standard trail seat. This allows for easier rider transitions from side-to-side, and improved stand-up ergonomics. And you'll appreciate the toasty warm heating element on those cold mornings heading up the mountain.
- HANDLE BAR CONTROLLED, DIGITAL GAUGE: Full-featured and easy to read, the digital gauge displays critical information in a glance including speed, fuel level, trip mileage, tach, elevation, temperatures and more. Changing functions is now made easy with the switch controls on the left handle bar. We even included a clock so you can watch the time fly.
- SEMI RIGID SEAT BAG: Additional storage is provided by a convenient new underseat bag. Its semi-rigid design makes it easy to access and is water resistant to keep your gear safe and dry.
- 36-INCH SRV-M FRONT SUSPENSION: The sleek SRV-M Front Suspension is ultra compact to reduce unwanted spindle and suspension component drag in deep snow. The narrow stance allows for extreme maneuverability and delivers aggressive lean angles for incredible side-hilling and powder turn capabilities. The lightweight, forged aluminum spindles join the widely spaced upper and lower control arms producing a large caster angle for tight side-hilling and ease of steering. The clean, narrow overall stance and elimination of the sway bar also greatly enhances deep snow agility.
- LIGHTWEIGHT, RIGID SRV MOUNTAIN CHASSIS: The updated SRV-M chassis combines a load-bearing triangulated structure with lightweight aluminum construction to create a neutrally balanced sled that's centered on the rider. The pyramidal upper frame creates chassis strength without excessive weight.
- MOUNTAIN STEERING SYSTEM: A dedicated, tall steering post delivers optimum ergonomics for standup riding. The 5.5 inch riser, with broad, molded, curved-end mountain bar and incorporated mountain strap delivers ample leverage for off-trail riding. The system is adjustable to dial in sweep and reach to help keep you in the sweet spot.
- YAMAHA MOUNTAIN SKI: The lightweight Yamaha Mountain Ski delivers everything you want in a deep snow ski. Its wide footprint enhances flotation and actively lifts the sled’s nose up on plane in deep powder. Traction lugs on the top of the ski give you a sure foothold when the situation gets really gnarly. The wide and deep keel design deliver light steering effort yet confident and predictable handling on hard pack and in fresh fluff.
- HIGH TECH, LIQUID COOLED TURBO: The nickel alloy turbine body is extremely strong and precise, able to withstand highly elevated temperatures. Engine coolant is circulated through the turbocharger to control both underhood temperature and help cool the intake charge. Upon engine shut down, the convection energy produced by super-heated coolant at the turbo head keeps it circulating without the coolant pump in operation. This eliminates the need for an engine cool down cycle while maintaining high durability in the turbo component.
- TRIPLE THROTTLE BODY INDUCTION: Yamaha wanted an engine that's exceptionally quick to respond with little or no "lag" as found in a conventional turbo. One of the ways they achieved their goal was to develop an intake system using three separate throttle bodies positioned very close to the intake valves, instead of just one feeding long intake tubes — something that is not seen in any other production turbo on the planet. And another first for Yamaha with the Genesis turbo.
- ELECTRONIC AIR BYPASS VALVE (ABV): Unlike conventional turbo "blow-off" valves, the Yamaha ABV redirects air pressure back into the intake side of the compressor to prevent surge and help maintain impeller speed, always at the ready for the next acceleration with seamless power delivery.
- YSRC HIGH PERFORMANCE CLUTCH SYSTEM: The YSRC primary and roller secondary clutches are recalibrated with a new helix for durable, cooler operation. They harness and transfer the massive torque produced by the Genesis Turbo, efficiently to the track while minimizing drive belt wear. The primary shifts out aggressively to use all the power on tap while the roller secondary is quick to back-shift and provides additional ratio through its oversize sheaves to keep accelerating long after the others have signed off.
- 998 GENESIS TURBO ENGINE: The boosted, one liter triple is unmatched when it comes to delivering incredible power with the refinement and quality you have come to expect from a Yamaha. Designed around a premium turbo unit, every engine component from the pressed forged crank to the cast steel exhaust manifold is dedicated to producing uncompromised performance. The proven Yamaha engine has earned the respect and reputation befitting the industry’s highest achiever. This engine produces the potent venom in the Sidewinder's bite.
- DROP ROLLED CHAINCASE AND TUNNEL: For 2019, the chaincase is relocated to allow clearance for new more efficient, 8-tooth extrovert track drivers. The tunnel is also modified for greater clearances with slightly narrowed running boards to aid in deep snow maneuverability.
- STEALTH CONTROL SYSTEM: The handle bar controls feature a left hand switch cluster which allows for "on the fly" access to the IQS electronic suspension adjustments along with multi-step hand and thumb warmer adjusters. Information available on the multi-function gauge can be easily selected with a toggle switch and the push button reverse gear switch is also located in the left hand cluster. The right side of the bar is clean with a new ergonomically shaped throttle lever and simple, stand-alone emergency stop switch. A Hayes brake cylinder equipped with a composite "shortie" brake lever provides greater modulation for better feel and powerful stopping performance.
- PREMIUM FOX® FLOAT® QS3 SHOCK PACKAGE: Suspension duties are handled by ultra-lightweight, remote reservoir FOX Float air shocks using the highly regarded, QS3 damping adjust system. The front arm on the rear suspension also receives a high volume Float QS3. And the rear arm is equipped with the mountain specific Float QSL which features a special lock-out mode for extreme climbing. Additional features include the special ice-scraper sealing system, high-flow, velocity sensitive damping and hard anodized components. This complete package eliminates the need for heavy metal springs and offers greater ride comfort with a progressive, bottomless feel.
||Sidewinder M-TX LE 162
||Hi Vis Racing Blue
Engine & Drivetrain
Front / Center - Fox® Float™ QS3®
Rear - Fox® Float™ QSL with climb lockout
||Independent, double wishbone; 7 in. (177 mm) travel
||Dual Shock SR 162; 16.5 in. (419 mm) travel
Turbo 4-stroke with electric start
Ultra Performance class
||8.9 gal. (33.6 l)
||Electronic Fuel Injection
||Center to center - 36 in. (914.4 mm)
||162 x 15 x 3 in. (4,114 x 381 x 66 mm) - Power Claw™