2019 Yamaha Sidewinder L-TX DX
POWER WITH RIDER COMFORT IN MIND.
The Sidewinder L-TX DX gets a taller windshield and heated seat for those high-mile rides.
- HEATED TRAIL SEAT: A standard heated seat provides the ultimate in warmth and comfort on even the coldest of winter days. A simple flip of the dash-mounted switch allows you to choose from two settings of warmth allowing you to explore what lies beyond that next curve from sun up to sundown in complete comfort.
- STANDARD MID-HEIGHT WIND DEFLECTOR: Escape the wind and winter’s chill with a sculpted, functional windshield. A small lip at the top deflects wind and snow up and over the rider at speed, while flared edges provided added protection and warmth for your hands.
- HANDLE BAR CONTROLLED, DIGITAL GAUGE: Full-featured and easy to read, the digital gauge displays critical information in a glance including speed, fuel level, trip mileage, tach and more. Changing functions is now made easy with the controls on the left handle bar. We even included a clock so you can watch the time fly.
- SEMI RIGID SEAT BAG: Additional storage is provided by a convenient underseat bag. Its semi-rigid design makes it easy to access and is water resistant to keep your gear safe and dry.
- HPG SHOCK PACKAGE: The Sidewinder L-TX DX receives a full complement of proven, aluminum High Pressure Gas shocks with beefy 1.5 inch shafts front and rear to handle all the challenges the trail can dish out.
- SRV FRONT SUSPENSION: The SRV front suspension geometry is aimed at managing spindle camber, resulting in minimized bump-steer and maximized cornering bite giving rider confidence in varying trail conditions. The A-Arms are mounted at a 30-degree angle from the sled's centerline to efficiently dissipate impact force throughout the entire chassis. Likewise, the front shocks mount directly to the leading spar so that trail forces are routed to the strongest part of the chassis. Wide A-Arm spacing minimizes flex and stress in the front suspension system, which means consistent and confident corner handling.
- LIGHTWEIGHT, RIGID SRV CHASSIS: The SRV chassis combines a load-bearing triangulated structure with lightweight aluminum construction to create a neutrally balanced sled that's centered on the rider. The pyramidal upper frame creates chassis strength without excessive weight.
- TUNER III SKIS: The Yamaha Tuner Ski is lightweight and designed for precise handling response. A wide selection of carbides can be combined to dial the tuner to fit any riding style. Replaceable ski tips are available in multiple colors for additional customization.
- HIGH TECH, LIQUID COOLED TURBO: The nickel alloy turbine body is extremely strong and precise, able to withstand highly elevated temperatures. Engine coolant is circulated through the turbocharger to control both underhood temperature and help cool the intake charge. Upon engine shut down, the convection energy produced by super-heated coolant at the turbo head keeps it circulating without the coolant pump in operation. This eliminates the need for an engine cool down cycle while maintaining high durability in the turbo component.
- MITSUBISHI ELECTRONIC CONTROL UNIT: The Yamaha-developed Mitsubishi ECU uses a series of 9 sensors to gather running condition data which it computes using a predetermined memory "map". It then adjusts ignition timing, fuel delivery, manifold air-pressure and turbo boost pressure to produce maximum performance under any condition - reliably.
- TRIPLE THROTTLE BODY INDUCTION: Yamaha wanted an engine that's exceptionally quick to respond with little or no "lag" as found in a conventional turbo. One of the ways they achieved their goal was to develop an intake system using three separate throttle bodies positioned very close to the intake valves, instead of just one feeding long intake tubes — something that is not seen in any other production turbo on the planet. And another first for Yamaha with the Genesis turbo.
- ELECTRONIC AIR BYPASS VALVE (ABV): Unlike conventional turbo "blow-off" valves, the Yamaha ABV redirects air pressure back into the intake side of the compressor to prevent surge and help maintain impeller speed, always at the ready for the next acceleration with seamless power delivery.
- 998 GENESIS TURBO ENGINE: The boosted, one liter triple is unmatched when it comes to delivering incredible power with the refinement and quality you have come to expect from a Yamaha. Designed around a premium turbo unit, every engine component from the pressed forged crank to the cast steel exhaust manifold is dedicated to producing uncompromised performance. The proven Yamaha engine has earned the respect and reputation befitting the industry’s highest achiever. This engine produces the potent venom in the Sidewinder's bite.
- YSRC HIGH PERFORMANCE CLUTCH SYSTEM: The YSRC primary and roller secondary clutches are recalibrated with a new helix for durable, cooler operation. They harness and transfer the massive torque produced by the Genesis Turbo, efficiently to the track while minimizing drive belt wear. The primary shifts out aggressively to use all the power on tap while the roller secondary is quick to back-shift and provides additional ratio through its oversize sheaves to keep accelerating long after the others have signed off.
- DUAL SHOCK SR 137 REAR SUSPENSION: The Dual Shock SR rear suspension is the cumulative result of years of punishment and development in snocross and cross-country competition. This lightweight suspension offers premium bump compliance with excellent resistance to bottoming. The Dual Shock SR is a “coupled” skid-frame that utilizes a unique “sliding” front arm mount with half an inch of movement at the front arm “slot”. This active arm design delivers controlled (reduced) ski-lift during acceleration while retaining a good measure of independent front arm tracking. 2019 sees the return to a solid rear axle layout with new idler wheel design and configuration for greater durability.
- STEALTH CONTROL SYSTEM: The handle bar controls feature a left hand switch cluster which allows for "on the fly" access to the IQS electronic suspension adjustments along with multi-step hand and thumb warmer adjusters. Information available on the multi-function gauge can be easily selected with a toggle switch and the push button reverse gear switch is also located in the left hand cluster. The right side of the bar is clean with a new ergonomically shaped throttle lever and simple, stand-alone emergency stop switch. A Hayes brake cylinder equipped with a composite "shortie" brake lever provides greater modulation for better feel and powerful stopping performance.
||Sidewinder L-TX DX
||Grey / Black
Engine & Drivetrain
||Monotube Alum-HP GAS-1.5
||Independent, double wishbone; 10 in. (254 mm) travel
||Dual Shock SR 137; 13.5 in. (343 mm) travel
||Ultra Performance class - Turbo, 4-stroke with electric start
||8.9 gal. (33.61 l)
||Electronic Fuel Injection
||Center to center - 42 in. (1,067 mm) adjustable
||Camso® Ripsaw™ II - 137 x 15 x 1.25 in. (3,480 x 381 x 31.8 mm)