2019 Yamaha Sidewinder B-TX LE 153
BLURRING THE LINES.
If backcountry adventures are your thing, the Sidewinder B-TX LE 153 may be just what you're looking for.
- TAPERED TUNNEL DESIGN: The two-piece, tapered Mountain tunnel of the Sidewinder B-TX LE 153 gives you strength for the long haul and a tapered "fit" for enhanced leg comfort and overall ride positioning. The reinforced running boards are punched with aggressive boot hold serrations and offers excellent snow evacuation to keep your feet planted where you want them.
- HEATED MOUNTAIN SEAT: Lightweight, with a tall and narrow profile, the Sidewinder B-TX LE 153 mountain seat is both shorter and more tapered towards the front than our standard trail seat. This allows for easier rider transitions from side-to-side, and improved stand-up ergonomics. And you'll appreciate the toasty warm heating element on those cold mornings heading up the mountain.
- HANDLE BAR CONTROLLED, DIGITAL GAUGE: Full-featured and easy to read, the digital gauge displays critical information in a glance including speed, fuel level, trip mileage, tach, elevation, temperatures and more. Changing functions is now made easy with the switch controls on the left handle bar. We even included a clock so you can watch the time fly.
- SEMI RIGID SEAT BAG: Additional storage is provided by a convenient new underseat bag. Its semi-rigid design makes it easy to access and is water resistant to keep your gear safe and dry.
- REAR SUSPENSION RAILS: The new lightweight rear suspension rails include an additional set of front idler wheels. The idlers are now mounted outboard creating additional clearance for premium, adjustable suspension shocks. A solid axle adds strength for the newly designed rear track wheels.
- MOUNTAIN STEERING SYSTEM: A dedicated, tall steering post delivers optimum ergonomics for standup riding. The 5.5 inch riser, with broad, molded, curved-end mountain bar and incorporated mountain strap delivers ample leverage for off-trail riding. The system is adjustable to dial in sweep and reach to help keep you in the sweet spot.
- FOX® 1.5 ZERO QS3 SHOCKS: The Sidewinder B-TX LE 153 receives top shelf FOX® Zero QS3 shock absorbers. The front suspension gets twin, coil-over QS3 with remote reservoirs and 3-way QS3 damping adjusters. The front skid frame arm gets an FOX® 1.5 Zero QS3 shock and the rear arms QS3 is the perfect mate to the front end with remote reservoir and 3-way damping adjuster. These shocks all include FOX® FIST ice scrapper technology, velocity sensitive damping and high quality hard chrome rods with T6 anodized bodies.
- YAMAHA MOUNTAIN SKI: The lightweight Yamaha Mountain Ski delivers everything you want in a deep snow ski. Its wide footprint enhances flotation and actively lifts the sled’s nose up on plane in deep powder. Traction lugs on the top of the ski give you a sure foothold when the situation gets really gnarly. The wide and deep keel design deliver light steering effort yet confident and predictable handling on hard pack and in fresh fluff.
- HIGH TECH, LIQUID COOLED TURBO: The nickel alloy turbine body is extremely strong and precise, able to withstand highly elevated temperatures. Engine coolant is circulated through the turbocharger to control both underhood temperature and help cool the intake charge. Upon engine shut down, the convection energy produced by super-heated coolant at the turbo head keeps it circulating without the coolant pump in operation. This eliminates the need for an engine cool down cycle while maintaining high durability in the turbo component.
- MITSUBISHI ELECTRONIC CONTROL UNIT: The Yamaha-developed Mitsubishi ECU uses a series of 9 sensors to gather running condition data which it computes using a predetermined memory "map". It then adjusts ignition timing, fuel delivery, manifold air-pressure and turbo boost pressure to produce maximum performance under any condition - reliably.
- TRIPLE THROTTLE BODY INDUCTION: Yamaha wanted an engine that's exceptionally quick to respond with little or no "lag" as found in a conventional turbo. One of the ways they achieved their goal was to develop an intake system using three separate throttle bodies positioned very close to the intake valves, instead of just one feeding long intake tubes — something that is not seen in any other production turbo on the planet. And another first for Yamaha with the Genesis turbo.
- ELECTRONIC AIR BYPASS VALVE (ABV): Unlike conventional turbo "blow-off" valves, the Yamaha ABV redirects air pressure back into the intake side of the compressor to prevent surge and help maintain impeller speed, always at the ready for the next acceleration with seamless power delivery.
- 998 GENESIS TURBO ENGINE: The boosted, one liter triple is unmatched when it comes to delivering incredible power with the refinement and quality you have come to expect from a Yamaha. Designed around a premium turbo unit, every engine component from the pressed forged crank to the cast steel exhaust manifold is dedicated to producing uncompromised performance. The proven Yamaha engine has earned the respect and reputation befitting the industry’s highest achiever. This engine produces the potent venom in the Sidewinder's bite.
- YSRC HIGH PERFORMANCE CLUTCH SYSTEM: The YSRC primary and roller secondary clutches are recalibrated with a new helix for durable, cooler operation. They harness and transfer the massive torque produced by the Genesis Turbo, efficiently to the track while minimizing drive belt wear. The primary shifts out aggressively to use all the power on tap while the roller secondary is quick to back-shift and provides additional ratio through its oversize sheaves to keep accelerating long after the others have signed off.
- ADJUSTABLE 40-INCH SKI STANCE: The 40-inch ski stance hits the sweet spot between on trail stability with cornering prowess and off-trail maneuverability for deep snow carving with quick transitions from side to side. The wide cross-over skis feature a single keel design, to compliment the narrower stance.
- STEALTH CONTROL SYSTEM: The handle bar controls feature a left hand switch cluster which allows for "on the fly" access to the IQS electronic suspension adjustments along with multi-step hand and thumb warmer adjusters. Information available on the multi-function gauge can be easily selected with a toggle switch and the push button reverse gear switch is also located in the left hand cluster. The right side of the bar is clean with a new ergonomically shaped throttle lever and simple, stand-alone emergency stop switch. A Hayes brake cylinder equipped with a composite "shortie" brake lever provides greater modulation for better feel and powerful stopping performance.
||Sidewinder B-TX LE 153
||Hi Vis Racing Blue
Engine & Drivetrain
Front / Center - Fox® 1.5 Zero™ QS3®
Rear - Fox® 2.0 Zero™ QS3®
||Independent, double wishbone; 9 in. (228.6 mm) travel
||Uncoupled 153; 15.5 in. (394 mm) travel
Turbo 4-stroke with electric start
Ultra Performance class
||8.9 gal. (33.6 l)
||Electronic Fuel Injection
||Center to center - 40 in. (1,016 mm) adjustable
||153 x 15 x 2.25 in. (3,886 x 381 x 37.1 mm) - Power Claw™