REPUTATION GOES A LONG WAY.
A perfect combination of performance, comfort and value. YCCT engine management system and FOX FLOAT XV rear shock makes the RS Vector even better.
- INTEGRATED REAR SEAT STORAGE: Like all Yamaha snowmobiles, attention to detail is found everywhere including our integrated seat storage trunk. A secure and easy to use turn clasp unlocks spacious in-seat storage large enough to hold water, goggles, gloves or other riding essentials.
- WIDE, HOOKED END HANDLEBARS: Yamaha bars are flat and wide, engineered for comfort, control, and natural ergonomics. Integrated hooked ends add additional control options while cornering, and feature heated grips across that span the entire length.
- STANDARD ELECTRIC START AND REVERSE: Seamless and easy to use electric start delivers instant and hassle free starts, no matter the weather, eliminating the need for an “old-school” pull rope. You’ll also enjoy the convenience of an effective and simple to use reverse system. Simply pull out the right-hand side lever and slide it over and you can quickly and easily back off a trailer, out of a tight spot, or help you turn around on the trail without ever leaving the seat.
- LED TAILLIGHT: The high-intensity LED taillight/brake light is lighter and brighter than a traditional incandescent design, and delivers a significantly longer lifespan.
- HPG COIL-OVER FRONT SHOCKS: High Pressure Gas (HPG) shocks with strong 40 mm bodies are calibrated to deliver consistent performance and comfort with excellent fade resistance. Plus the shocks are rebuildable, ensuring you season after season of consistent performance with proper maintenance.
- RIPSAW II TRACK: Regarded as the best high-performance terrain track available, the 129 x 1.25 inch lug design of the RipSaw II delivers incredible acceleration, braking control, and handling in a wide variety of conditions.
- THIRD GENERATION FRONT SUSPENSION: The sophisticated and precise design of the front suspension incorporates a motion geometry specifically calibrated to eliminate unwanted inside ski lift while cornering. The dual A-arm system is both precise and remarkably predictable for confidence inspiring performance in nearly any terrain.
- GENESIS 1049 CC 4-STROKE ENGINE: Designed to be the premiere trail cruising power plant, the three-cylinder engine features an advanced Yamaha fuel-injection system for incredibly accurate fuel metering for spot on performance and fuel sipping economy. A broad, flat power-band delivers instant thrust from nearly any speed, and hundreds of thousands of miles by satisfied owners is testament to its durability.
- YVXC CLUTCHING: Featuring Yamaha drive and driven clutching, the YVXC system delivers smooth engagement, instant acceleration, fast reacting backshift, and cool operating temperatures for a long belt life. The YVXC clutch system delivers Yamaha’s hallmark smooth power delivery, responsive engine feel and unmatched quality.
- ENGINE BRAKING REDUCTION SYSTEM: Yamaha utilizes an engine braking reduction system for a “free-wheel” feeling on deceleration. The system allows a small amount of air to flow through the intake system upon throttle release, thereby dramatically reducing the engine braking effect typically association with a four-stroke engine.
- YAMAHA CHIP CONTROLLED THROTTLE (YCCT): Our electronically controlled throttle system delivers next level-performance, control and efficiency. The fully electronic system senses throttle input and electronically controls the throttle valve resulting in smooth, predictable performance specifically tuned for each model. The system serves up three user-selectable performance modes; S (Sport) Mode for maximum performance; T (Touring) Mode for smooth low and mid-range response and improved fuel efficiency; and E (Entry) Mode for predictable acceleration, reduced top speed and optimum fuel economy.
- SINGLESHOT 129 REAR SUSPENSION: The SingleShot rear suspension features a revised drop-link rear suspension linkage, new geometry, and a significant weight loss over older Mono Shock designs. The dual arm, fully-coupled suspension features inside the rail coupling blocks, an easy to use track tensioning system, and a significant reduction from the previous 121 inch mono suspension…all while delivering exceptional ride quality, float and control in rough terrain.
- FOX® FLOAT® 3 XV REAR SHOCK: The FOX® FLOAT® 3 XV shock provides air-spring technology with a secondary extra volume chamber designed specifically to eliminate unwanted harsh bottoming. The added volume of the twin chamber design delivers exceptional ride and handling over rough terrain. Both the primary and secondary XV air-spring chambers are infinitely adjustable for both rider preference and conditions.
- TUNER II SKIS: Developed exclusively by Yamaha engineers, the Tuner II Ski incorporates a dual keel design that can be calibrated through various runners and carbide lengths for rider preference. The Tuner II Ski dramatically reduces darting and steering effort while retaining predictable and sharp handling characteristics.
- ELECTRIC POWER STEERING: Yamaha was the first and still the only manufacturer to offer Electric Power Steering to the snowmobile industry. The velocity sensing system delivers maximum assistance at slow speeds to nearly zero assistance and high speeds. Aside from dramatically reducing steering effort, the system reduces negative feedback and delivers precise handling characteristics.
||White / Blue
Engine & Drivetrain
Front - 36 mm KYB® Aluminum HPG
Rear - Fox® FLOAT® 3 XV
Independent, Double Wishbone
Travel - 8.5 in. (216 mm)
Travel - 11.8 in. (300 mm)
||4 stroke, Mid Performance class
||9.2 gal. (34.6 l)
||Reverse - Standard
||Electronic Fuel Injection
||Center to center - 42.5 in. (1,080 mm)
||129 x 15 x 1.25 in. (3,269 x 381 x 31.8 mm) Camso® Ripsaw™ II