YOUR WORLD STARTS WHERE R WORLD BEGINS
Entry level R-series superbike performance that excites with every twist of the throttle.
- YAMAHA R-SERIES STYLING: Legendary Yamaha R-series styling and performance come standard. The YZF-R3 combines modern styling matched to excellent engine performance and chassis design—the hallmarks of Yamaha’s R-series sportbikes.
Chassis / Suspension
- ADVANCED FRAME: Steel frame and swingarm designed with Yamaha’s extensive chassis expertise for a light and nimble, yet solid, handling character.
- POTENT BRAKING: The 298 mm floating mount front disc brake ensures excellent stopping power, while a 220 mm floating disc handles the braking performance on the back. The YZF-R3 ABS model also features an antilock braking system to boost rider confidence and prevent wheel lock-ups in reduced-traction conditions.
- PLUSH, CONTROLLED SUSPENSION: 41 mm KYB® front suspension offers 5.1 inches of travel for rider comfort and control, while a preload-adjustable rear shock allows tuning for passenger and cargo.
- SPORTBIKE-SPEC ALLOY WHEELS: 10-spoke cast aluminum wheels are both strong and high in style while reducing unsprung weight.
- THOROUGH INSTRUMENTATION: The multi-function meter informs the rider of gear position, fuel capacity, real time and average fuel economy, water temp, clock and an oil change trip meter.
- POTENT TWIN-CYLINDER POWERPLANT: 321cc, liquid-cooled, inline 2-cylinder DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder, fuel-injected engine delivers excellent power and performance throughout the rpm range.
- HIGH-REVVING ENGINE ARCHITECTURE: With a compression ratio of 11.2:1, the engine develops maximum power at 10,750 rpm for an exciting ride and broad spread of power. With a 180-degree crank design, the engine provides minimized vibrations and a smooth running engine character throughout the rpm range.
- MODERN FUEL INJECTION: Downdraft induction fuel injection system provides easy starts and smooth performance in all conditions.
- ADVANCED CYLINDER CONSTRUCTION: Yamaha’s all-aluminum DiASil cylinder is used to ensure excellent heat dissipation, with an innovative offset cylinder design that reduces horsepower loss and improves both power and fuel efficiency.
- STRONG AND LIGHTWEIGHT PISTONS: Forged aluminum pistons—the same technology used for the R1 and R6—means lighter weight and excellent strength at higher temperatures, ensuring reliability at higher rpm.
- POTENT TWIN-CYLINDER POWERPLANT: Large 321cc twin-cylinder engine offers excellent performance whether navigating cross-town traffic, hitting the twisties, or on the racetrack.
- STRIKING YAMAHA R-SERIES STYLING: Yamaha supersport-inspired styling with a full fairing in a chassis that makes it perfect for first time rider—or experienced riders who prefer a lightweight, nimble machine. And three beautiful coloring options are available which means there is a color choice that is right for you.
- ADVANCED ENGINE DESIGN: Forged pistons—just like the R1 and R6—are very lightweight while providing exceptional strength. And innovative Yamaha features like the offset cylinders reduce friction for more power.
- BALANCED SPORTBIKE ERGONOMICS: The YZF-R3 features clip-on handlebars and a riding position that provides a great balance of comfort and sporty riding position.
- COMPACT, CONFIDENT RIDER SEATING: With a flat seat design and a seat height of only 30.7 inches on the YZF-R3, it’s easy to get both feet firmly on the ground and inspire confidence, especially for beginner riders.
- POTENT BRAKES: Modern disc brakes front and rear provide strong, controllable braking power. The YZF-R3 ABS model also features an antilock braking system to boost rider confidence and prevent wheel lock-ups in reduced-traction conditions.
Front - 298 mm hydraulic disc; ABS
Rear - 220 mm hydraulic disc; ABS
Front - 110/70-17
Rear - 140/70-17
||Wet - 375 lb.
||Maximum - 6.3 in.
||Inline twin-cylinder, DOHC; 8 valves
|Bore x Stroke
||68 x 44.1 mm
||TCI (Transistor Controlled Ignition)
Front - 41 mm KYB® telescopic fork, 5.1 in. travel
Rear - KYB® single shock, adjustable preload; 4.9 in. travel
||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)