VICTORY...NEVER GIVEN, ALWAYS EARNED
Step up to the perfect bike and continue the journey of earning victory after victory. The YZ85 has all the lightweight, 2-stroke reliability and agility you've come to expect from Yamaha.
- ADJUSTABLE RIDER ERGONOMICS: New four-position adjustable handlebar mounts and taper-style handlebars allows the rider to tune the handlebar position to suit their size and preferences. The flat fuel tank, radiator shrouds, side panels and rear fender provide generous freedom of movement.
- FULLY-ADJUSTABLE FORK: Lightweight 36 mm KYB® inverted cartridge fork features 10.8 inches of travel with compression and rebound damping adjustability with low-friction outer tubes and internals. For 2019, one-piece outer tubes and new settings offer enhanced performance across a range of conditions and rider abilities. New lower fork guards provide protection and modern styling.
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE SHOCK: Rear suspension features fully adjustable Kayaba® link-type shock with 11.1 inches of travel and race-tested compression valving. The progressive linkage-type design improves bottoming resistance, while updated settings improved bump absorption and bottoming resistance allowing racers to charge harder and improve lap times.
- NEW SWINGARM DESIGN: Redesigned swingarm features a new composite chain guide as well as updated chain adjusters for easier maintenance.
- LIGHTWEIGHT SUBFRAME: Compact rear subframe is removable for simplified servicing.
- UPGRADED BRAKES: For 2019, a new front brake line improves braking feel, while wave-style brake discs offer improved self-cleaning and cooler-running performance. The 220mm front disc and 190mm rear disc deliver strong, precise stopping power.
- LIGHTWEIGHT WHEELS: Lightweight 17-inch front and 14-inch rear rims are durable and reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE TIRES: New for 2019 are Dunlop® MX3S® knobbies that provide exceptional traction on a variety of tracks and terrain.
- YPVS TWO-STROKE: The 85 cc liquid-cooled, two-stroke engine now features the Yamaha Power Valve System for broad, tractable power across the rev range without losing peak power at high rpm—improving driveability and reducing the need for frequent shifting. A revised head and longer connecting rod design work together to boost compression ratio for enhanced power output, too.
- NEW CRANKCASE AND INTAKE: A new crankcase design features a spacer-style reed valve intake for improved gas flow, which inhales through a 28 mm Keihin® flat-slide carburetor for seamless throttle response.
- NEW EXPANSION CHAMBER: Matched to the improved output of the YPVS engine, the new expansion chamber optimizes exhaust gas flow for enhanced power delivery, especially in the low- and mid-range.
- UPGRADED TRANSMISSION: Revised for 2019, the transmission increases the width of selected gears to provide enhanced gear engagement and smoother shifts.
- HIGH CAPACITY RADIATOR: Lightweight radiator has large cores and louvers, and the water pump features a cast aluminum (vs. resin) impeller for maximum cooling efficiency.
- HIGH-FLOW AIRBOX: Airbox design ensures excellent air cleaning performance and easy maintenance.
New in 2019
- ALL-NEW IN 2019: Redesigned from the ground up, the new YZ85 has been built to dominate the 85 cc class with the YPVS® power valve-equipped engine complete with revised intake, exhaust and transmission.
- UPGRADED CHASSIS: Featuring improved front forks, swingarm, wave-style brake rotors, adjustable ergonomics and more, the 2019 YZ85 is ready to win races straight off the dealership floor.
- NEW 85 CC YPVS TWO-STROKE POWER: The 85 cc liquid-cooled, two-stroke engine now features the Yamaha Power Valve System for broad, tractable power across the rev range without losing peak power at high rpm.
- FULLY-ADJUSTABLE FORK: Lightweight 36 mm KYB® inverted cartridge fork features 10.8 inches of travel with compression and rebound damping adjustability with low-friction outer tubes and internals.
- UPGRADED WHEELS AND BRAKES: Lightweight 17-inch front and 14-inch rear rims are durable and reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance, big 220 mm and 190 mm disc brakes for precise control, and new Dunlop® MX3S® knobbies for exceptional traction.
- ADJUSTABLE RIDER ERGONOMICS: Four-position adjustable handlebar mounts and taper-style handlebars allow the rider to tune the handlebar position to suit their size and preferences.
||Team Yamaha Blue
Front - 220 mm hydraulic disc
Rear - 190 mm hydraulic disc
Front - 70/100-17 Dunlop® MX3S®
Rear - 90/100-14 Dunlop® MX3S®
||Wet - 161 lb.
||Maximum - 13 in.
||Reed-valve inducted 2-stroke
|Bore x Stroke
||47.5 x 47.8 mm
||8.2 ~ 9.6:1
||Keihin® PWK 28
Front - Inverted fork, fully adjustable; 10.8 in. travel
Rear - Single shock; fully adjustable, 11.1 in. travel
||30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)