CHAMPIONSHIP YZ DNA TUNED FOR X-COUNTRY.
YZ250F championship-tech in a light, powerful machine built to win X-Country races.
- GYTR® POWER TUNER READY: Accessory GYTR Power Tuner lets owners adjust air/fuel mixture and ignition timing maps to match engine performance characteristics to the rider and race conditions in a matter of seconds with the push of a few buttons.
- PRACTICAL TOUCHES: Quick-adjust clutch, wide 55mm platform footpegs, four-position rubber- mounted handlebar clamps, aluminum handlebars, and a side stand are standard for added rider convenience. The YZ250FX is also pre-wired for an optional radiator fan for the most grueling conditions.
- EASY SERVICING: Redesigned air cleaner cover helps prevent contact with the quick-release quarter-turn Dzus® air box fasteners for tool-less access to the air filter.
- SEALED O-RING CHAIN: High-quality O-ring chain is tough and durable.
Chassis / Suspension
- LIGHT AND STRONG ALUMINUM FRAME: An all-aluminum bilateral beam frame similar to the YZ250F provides strength, lightness and durability for race conditions, and for 2017 comes with a rugged plastic skid plate.
- ADVANCED SUSPENSION: Industry favorite KYB® fully adjustable spring-type forks with speed sensitive damping and Kashima Coat™ and a KYB® rear shock, also with Kashima Coat™ and featuring a large 50mm piston. Both the fork and rear shock are tuned specifically for cross country racing, with updated fork seals for improved durability in harsh conditions.
- PURPOSE-BUILT TIRES: Special cross-country racing Dunlop® AT81 tires are used to maximize traction while delivering excellent wear.
- 270 MM FRONT BRAKE: Large 270mm front disc brake coupled with high-performance pad material offers outstanding machine control and performance, with exceptional stopping power and controllability.
- UNIQUE ENGINE TUNING: The revolutionary, rearward slanted, high-performance liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, 4-valve, fuel-injected engine has been tuned to challenge for race victories in the very competitive GNCC® and Hare Scrambles race series.
- MASS-CENTRALIZED POWERPLANT: The position of the engine moves the rotational mass of the cams towards the center of the bike which allows for a straight shot, down draft intake and straight exhaust port for maximized engine performance. Additional, this layout keeps the air box up high, out of dust and mud/water.
- FUEL INJECTION: The fuel injection system uses 3D mapped electronic control for the fuel and ignition timing that are optimized for cross-country racing.
- 6-SPEED GEARBOX: A wide-ratio 6-speed transmission is used to insure the right gear is available for the wide variety of terrain found in cross-country racing.
- ELECTRIC START: Push button electric start makes starting the YZ250FX easy and convenient.
- INNOVATIVE HARE SCRAMBLE/GNCC® ENGINE DESIGN: Based on the championship-winning YZ250F™, featuring Yamaha’s revolutionary rearward slanted, liquid-cooled, DOHC 4-stroke power plant with forward-positioned straight downdraft symmetrical intake, and with an added sixth gear and wide ratio transmission, the YZ250FX™ is an “out-of-the-box” Hare Scrambles/GNCC® competition machine.
- UPDATED ENGINE: The engine is based on the 2017 YZ250F, and includes a wide variety of updates: cylinder head:; lightweight forged, two-ring, flat-top piston; a shorter, more durable piston pin with diamond like carbon (DLC) coating; a revised piston oil jet, and connecting rod, crankshaft, and counterbalancer designs. Together, these updates improve peak power, power delivery and overall durability.
- 6-SPEED TRANSMISSION: A wide-ratio 6-speed transmission is used to insure the right gear is available for the wide variety of terrain found in cross-country racing.
- CHASSIS: Nearly the same bilateral beam frame that is found on the championship winning YZ250F is used on the YZ250FX. Changes for 2017 include a forged section at the swingarm pivot, and revised engine mounting brackets for nimble lightweight feeling in the tight technical terrain while still providing stability in fast sections.
- ADVANCED SUSPENSION: Industry-leading, fully adjustable KYB® spring-type fork with speed sensitive damping features revised valving for improved suspension feel and balance. The linkage type rear suspension features a KYB rear shock with updated settings optimized for cross country racing.
- CROSS COUNTRY FEATURES: With the electric starting system, a 2-gallon fuel tank, rugged plastic skid plate, 18-inch rear wheel and XC racing tires, the YZ250FX is ready to win right out of the box.
||Team Yamaha Blue
Front - 250 mm hydraulic disc
Rear - 245 mm hydraulic disc
Front - 90/90-21 Dunlop® AT81F
Rear - 110/100-18 Dunlop® AT81
||Wet - 249 lb.
||Wide-ratio constant-mesh; 6-speed
||DOHC, 4-stroke, 4 titanium valves
|Bore x Stroke
||77 x 53.6 mm
||Keihin® fuel injection, 44 mm
||TCI (Transistor Controlled Ignition)
Front - KYB® spring-type fork with speed sensitive damping, fully adjustable; 12.2 in. travel
Rear - KYB® single shock, fully adjustable; 12.5 in. travel
||Caster Angle - 26.3°