TUNE, RACE, WIN
Powerful and reliable, and now with push-botton electric start and the Yamaha power tuner smartphone app. The YZ250F remains the ride of choice for Aaron Plessinger, 2018 250 SX West Champion.
- ADJUSTABLE HANDLEBAR MOUNTS: The 4-position adjustable handlebar mounts are rubber mounted to improve comfort and reduce handlebar vibration, while the handlebar itself is lighter to centralize overall mass.
- EMBEDDED GRAPHICS: Yamaha’s unique embedded graphics are built into the bodywork for extended durability, resisting both peeling and damage, with all new styling in 2019.
- RACE WINNING DETAILS: The YZ250F includes top-spec details, including 1-1/8 in. aluminum tapered handlebars, wide 55 mm footpegs, a quick-adjust clutch perch, stylish blue rims and gold chain.
- SIMPLIFIED SERVICING: Sleek air cleaner cover helps prevent contact with the quick-release quarter-turn Dzus® air box fastener and provides tool-less access to the air filter, positioned at the front of the bike to avoid roost from the rear wheel.
- ALUMINUM FRAME: The 2019 YZ250F’s compact frame is completely revised to further refine the instinctive handling that makes this Yamaha one of the best handling machines in the class. Larger upper frame bracing improves rigidity and durability, while wider rear frame spars and improved engine mounts centralize mass for the best possible balance of bump absorption, stiffness and feeling of grip.
- COMPACT BODY AND SEAT DESIGN: The updated YZ250F features bodywork from tip to tail, including a compact fuel tank specifically designed for motocross demands. In addition to shaving weight, the body design is narrow for more comfortable knee grip and feeling of control, and the seat is updated to give the rider additional room to move aboard the machine.
- ENHANCED MASS-CENTRALIZATION: The engine, aluminum muffler and a more compact fuel tank are positioned close to the machine's center of mass. This layout contributes to centralized mass for a lightweight handling feeling on the track. The wide 55 mm footpegs help lower the rider's center of gravity for enhanced machine balance, control and rider comfort.
- 270 MM FRONT BRAKE: A large 270 mm front brake disc is the same system fitted to the YZ450F™, and uses an aggressive pad material for exceptional stopping power and braking control. Out back, a durable heat-resistant rear rotor boosts brake durability.
- CLASS-LEADING SUSPENSION: Industry-leading, fully adjustable KYB® coil spring-type fork with speed-sensitive damping provides exceptional balance between handling and bump absorption, for race-winning handling performance. The linkage-type rear suspension features a KYB® shock with revised damping characteristics to match the chassis. 2019 also features updated internal valving for more controlled damping characteristics.
- LIGHTER WHEELS: Careful computer-aided refinement of each wheel’s cross-sectional profile shaves valuable weight without sacrificing durability.
- INNOVATIVE AND UPGRADED ENGINE: The liquid-cooled, DOHC 4-valve, fuel-injected engine features a forward-positioned straight downdraft intake with symmetrical intake and exhaust ports. A higher-compression piston and improved intake- and exhaust-valving delivers outstanding engine character with a focus on top-end power delivery. The cylinder is also lighter and angled more upright to improve mass-centralization.
- EXCLUSIVE POWER TUNER APP: Breaking new ground in the industry – again – Yamaha introduced the Power Tuner app, which brings the power of the GYTR Power Tuner to your iOS® or Android® device. Using WiFi to connect to the bike’s onboard CAN-bus network, the app allows owners to adjust air/fuel mixture and ignition timing maps to tune engine performance for track conditions, record race log information, and monitor a range of data such as maintenance and system diagnosis, engine run time, and more.
- ELECTRIC STARTER SYSTEM: The 2019 YZ250F now features a compact electric starter system to minimize restart delays on track and add convenience everywhere else. Powered by a high-capacity and ultra-lightweight, four-cell lithium-ion battery, the system adds minimal weight.
- ADJUSTABLE ENGINE MAPS: Two-mode adjustable engine mapping allows the rider to adjust engine character with the push of a button, making it easy to tune the YZ250F for changing track or weather conditions between motos.
- PISTON, ROD AND CRANKSHAFT BALANCE: A flat-top forged piston features a bridge-box design for additional strength with minimal weight. The piston, rings and DLC-coated piston pin, along with the offset cylinder configuration, all reduce friction loss and contribute to quick response. The engine’s intake ports, cam profiles, high-strength connecting rod and optimized crank and counterbalancer all work together to produce potent high-rpm power with user-friendly delivery and exceptional reliability.
- ADVANCED FUEL INJECTION: The adjustable fuel injection system uses a 44 mm throttle body, fed by a high-pressure electric fuel pump, injects fuel through a 12-hole Denso® injector. This ensures optimum fuel atomization and air/fuel calibration for excellent rideability in a wide range of riding conditions. The more compact throttle body is 12 percent lighter than the previous unit, too.
- WRAPAROUND REAR POSITIONED EXHAUST LAYOUT: An innovative exhaust pipe design improves mass centralization and power development characteristics. Updated for 2019, this layout moves the rear end of the exhaust pipe farther forward and enables a new muffler, positioned closer to the bike’s center of mass.
- ENHANCED COOLING: Updated radiators are larger and angled more directly in the incoming air stream, for improved cooling under the most demanding race conditions. Inside the engine, an impellor and water pump boost endurance and durability under the toughest racing conditions.
- DURABLE TRANSMISSION: The transmission gears, dogs and shift mechanisms are designed to smooth gear changes and improve durability under the heavy demands of motocross racing, even with lighter gears and selector drum for 2019. The updated YZ250F also features a larger-diameter clutch to boost reliability even further under high-heat conditions.
- ALL-NEW MACHINE FOR 2019: With an all-new engine, new frame, new bodywork and more, the 2019 YZ250F™ is ready to roost the competition, with features never before seen in the 250 cc class.
- POWER TUNER APP: Yamaha broke new ground with the Power Tuner app, putting the flexibility and precision tunability of the GYTR® Power Tuner into your smartphone. Make fueling and ignition timing changes instantly and upload them to the bike via the onboard WiFi system for the ultimate in track-side tuning.
- ELECTRIC STARTER SYSTEM: Utilizing a compact starter motor and ultra-lightweight lithium battery, the YZ250F brings the convenience of push-button starting to the racetrack, for effortless restarts under pressure, and relaxed riding when the clock isn’t ticking.
- ENGINE: An updated cylinder head, piston, cam profiles, cylinder geometry and much more work together to give YZ250F riders the best balance of high-rpm power with a broad, useable powerband.
- FRAME: Yamaha’s bilateral beam frame features improved main spars, engine mounts and engine mounting position to further centralize mass and provide an ideal balance between cornering feel and straight-line rigidity.
- CLASS-LEADING SUSPENSION: Yamaha continues to use spring-type forks with refined, speed-sensitive damping to give industry-leading suspension performance straight out of the box. 2019 brings updated settings to match the updated frame and engine layout.
||Team Yamaha Blue
Front - 270 mm hydraulic disc
Rear - 245 mm hydraulic disc
Front - 80/100-21 Bridgestone® Battlecross® X20F
Rear - 100/90-19 Bridgestone® Battlecross® X20R
||Wet - 234 lb.
||Maximum - 13.2 in.
||4-stroke DOHC; 4 valves
|Bore x Stroke
||77 x 53.6 mm
||Mikuni® fuel injection, 44 mm
Front - KYB® Speed-Sensitive System inverted fork; fully adjustable; 12.2 in. travel
Rear - KYB® single shock; fully adjustable; 12.5 in. travel
Team Yamaha Blue
||30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)