THE ULTIMATE MX 2-STROKE.
Pure lightweight 2-stroke performance combined with legendary Yamaha reliability and durability.
- RACE-READY FEATURES: The YZ250 is ready to race out of the crate, complete with an aluminum handlebar, 2-position adjustable handlebar clamp, wide foot pegs, gripper seat and adjustable clutch lever with works-style cable adjuster.
Chassis / Suspension
- 270 MM FRONT BRAKE: Large 270mm front disc brake coupled with high-performance pad material offers outstanding machine control and performance, with exceptional stopping power and controllability.
- INDUSTRY-LEADING FORK: The KYB® 48 mm forks feature the Speed-Sensitive System that uses piston speed to control damping force for super-precise handling and a smooth ride.
- ALUMINUM FRAME: A carefully engineered, advanced aluminum frame and swingarm give the YZ250 the best handling in the 250 class.
- LIGHTWEIGHT SUBFRAME: Removable aluminum rear subframe is constructed of square-section tubing for reduced weight.
- ADVANCED KYB® SHOCK: Fully adjustable KYB® shock features reduced-friction Kashima Coat™ internals, 12.4 inches of travel, separate adjusters for high- and low-speed compression damping, and a full lock oil rebound system for increased comfort. All adding up to fantastic rear wheel control and a sweet ride.
- EXCEL® RIMS: Lightweight 21-inch front and 19-inch rear Excel® rims provide exceptional durability and help reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension, performance, and handling.
- RACE-READY TIRES: Premium Dunlop® knobbies offer race-spec traction and wear.
- TWO-STROKE POWER: 249 cc liquid-cooled reed-valve-inducted two-stroke engine is lightweight, compact and features an incredibly wide, hard-hitting powerband.
- YAMAHA POWER VALVE SYSTEM: Patented YPVS™ combines crisp, hard-hitting bottom-end acceleration with strong midrange and eye-opening top-end.
- ADVANCED CARBURETION: 38mm Keihin® PWK carburetor with power jet and throttle position sensor (TPS) provides precise fuel/air mixing and extra-crisp throttle response throughout the powerband.
- RACE-DEVELOPED INTAKE: Special-design carbon fiber reed-valve petals improve throttle response and engine performance across the entire rpm range.
- CLOSE-RATIO TRANSMISSION: Smooth-shifting, five-speed, close-ratio transmission with heavy-duty, multiplate clutch.
- HIGH-CAPACITY RADIATOR: Large-capacity radiator features a ten-row core with four louvers for maximum cooling efficiency.
- DIGITAL IGNITION: Digital CDI system delivers precise spark for faster, stronger response anywhere in the powerband.
- MODERN STYLING: Modern, aggressive styling, including front fender, front number plate, radiator shrouds, side number plates, air box, rear fender, fork guards, as well as the rear brake disc protector, rear brake caliper protector and wider foot pegs—just like the 4-strokes.
- LIGHTWEIGHT FRAME: A light aluminum frame housing a patented YPVS™-equipped ripper of an engine results in an awesome power-to-weight ratio.
- RIDER-FRIENDLY CHASSIS: Ultra light weight means nimble handling with less fatigue.
- 270 MM FRONT BRAKE: Larger 270 mm front disc brake coupled with new pad material offers outstanding machine control and performance, with exceptional stopping power and controllability.
||Team Yamaha Blue
Front - 270 mm hydraulic disc
Rear - 245 mm hydraulic disc
Front - 80/100-21 Dunlop® MX52
Rear - 110/90-19 Dunlop® MX52
||Wet - 227 lb.
||Reed-valve inducted, 2-stroke
|Bore x Stroke
||66.4 x 72 mm
||8.9 ~ 10.6:1
Front - KYB® Speed-Sensitive System inverted fork; fully adjustable; 11.8 in. travel
Rear - KYB® single shock; fully adjustable; 12.4 in. travel
||30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)