INSPIRED FROM THE PAST, BUILT FOR THE FUTURE
Some revel in the past. Others live for tomorrow. The XSR700 lets you do both, with its iconic styling and modern technology, delivering incredible performance and great value.
- UNIQUE XSR700 DETAILING: Every aspect of the XSR700 shows Yamaha’s attention to detail: The single-piece stitched saddle. The classic teardrop mirrors with excellent rearward visibility. The compact radiator, flanked by exposed aluminum covers. A removable subframe that simplifies customization. The naked aluminum accents and fender mount. The XSR700 demands a second look, every time.
- ADVANCED INSTRUMENTATION: The new round LCD panel features a ton of information: digital tachometer, speedometer, gear position, eco mode indicator, ambient and coolant temperature, a fuel gauge and range of trip computer functions, including a clock, instant and average fuel consumption, fuel reserve trip meter and the usual trip meters.
- CLASSICALLY-STYLED LIGHTING: Up front, a large, round multi-reflector headlight provides both style and illumination in equal measure, complete with trick aluminum supports, while out back, a round all-LED tail and brake light is mounted above the rear fender.
- STYLISH AND ERGONOMIC FUEL TANK: A compact 3.7 gallon fuel tank is shrouded by beautifully shaped and hand-finished aluminum side covers for a timeless design.
- CASUAL BUT SPORTY ERGONOMICS: A tall, wide handlebar, stitched two-level seat, and perfectly placed foot controls provide a comfortably upright riding position ideal for urban traffic or hustling down a twisty road.
Chassis / Suspension
- STANDOUT STYLE: The XSR700 blends Yamaha’s world-class engineering with timeless style, creating a new type of machine for riders looking for an authentic and honest motorcycle that doesn’t sacrifice performance. Drawing influence from Yamaha’s classic “XS” series of motorcycles, the XSR oozes class, with exposed aluminum details, retro-influenced bodywork, stepped seat and custom lighting and instrumentation.
- COMPACT, SPORTY CHASSIS: A lightweight diamond-type high tensile steel frame provides an optimized rigidity balance for light, agile handling and stability. The engine is a stressed member of the chassis, allowing a lighter, more compact main frame design.
- STREET-FOCUSED SUSPENSION: The 41 mm front fork and link-type Monocross rear shock each provide 5.1 inches of suspension travel, and are tuned to provide a balance of comfort and control ideal for the street. The shock uses an almost horizontal alignment, which helps make the chassis much more compact, while rear spring preload adjustment allows the rider to tailor the suspension to match rider weight or load.
- POWERFUL BRAKING WITH ABS: The XSR700 provides strong, controllable braking power thanks to modern braking components, including paired floating 282 mm front discs with 4-piston calipers and a 245 mm rear disc. ABS comes standard to prevent wheel lock under hard deceleration.
- LIGHTWEIGHT WHEELS: Lightweight 10-spoke cast aluminum wheels are fitted with a 120/70ZR17 front tire and 180/55ZR17 rear tire for excellent traction and handling feel. The XSR700 also features Pirelli® Phantom Sportcomp tires that combine modern construction and performance with stylish retro design.
- ADVANCED TWIN CYLINDER ENGINE: The XSR700 features a compact 689cc liquid-cooled, inline twin-cylinder, DOHC engine with fuel injection. This engine provides a unique power character, with outstanding low- to mid-range torque and very linear throttle response, combined with strong high-rpm pulling power. This motor develops 50 foot pounds of torque and is designed to maximize riding excitement in the real world.
- CROSSPLANE CRANKSHAFT CONCEPT: The 2-cylinder engine features Yamaha’s “Crossplane Concept” 270 degree crank that provides linear torque development in response to the rider’s throttle input. The CP2® engine is also light, slim and compact and offers an excellent level of rider/machine communication
- OFFSET CYLINDER BLOCK: The paired cylinders of the XSR engine are shifted slightly forward compared to the center of the crankshaft. This reduces drag during each combustion stroke of the pistons and improves efficiency.
- VIBRATION-REDUCING COUNTERBALANCER: To reduce vibration and provide a smooth, modern engine character, the motor uses a geared counterbalancer, mounted low and forward on the engine.
- REFINED, EFFICIENT FUEL INJECTION: Electronic fuel injection settings deliver a smooth throttle response to enhance riding enjoyment from open roads to the urban sprawl. The system delivers outstanding torque in the low- and mid-rpm range along with exciting acceleration in the upper rpm range. Combined with the efficient overall engine design, the XSR700 delivers an exceptional 58 mpg.
- COMPACT 6-SPEED TRANSMISSION: The XSR700’s 6-speed transmission takes full advantage of the low-to- mid-range torque and excellent response of the twin-cylinder motor, while further enhancing the compact engine design thanks to triangulated input and outputs shafts.
- STANDOUT STYLE: The XSR700™ blends Yamaha’s world-class engineering with timeless style, creating a new type of machine for riders looking for an authentic and honest motorcycle that doesn’t sacrifice performance. Drawing influence from Yamaha’s classic “XS” series of motorcycles, the XSR® oozes class, with exposed aluminum details, retro-influenced bodywork, stepped seat and custom lighting and instrumentation.
- ADVANCED CROSSPLANE CRANKSHAFT CONCEPT ENGINE: The compact 2-cylinder engine provides a unique power character, with outstanding torque and throttle response, combined with strong high-rpm pulling power. It also features Yamaha’s “Crossplane Concept” 270-degree crank that provides linear torque development in response to the rider’s throttle input.
- POWERFUL BRAKING WITH ABS: The XSR700 provides exceptional braking power with confidence thanks to modern brake components backed up with the security of ABS.
- COMPACT, SPORTY CHASSIS: The narrow frame design features sport-oriented geometry to achieve light and nimble handling, aided by the minimalist 410-pound wet weight and refined ergonomics.
Front - Dual hydraulic disc, 282 mm; ABS
Rear - Hydraulic disc, 245 mm; ABS
Front - 120/70ZR17 Pirelli® Phantom Sportcomp
Rear - 180/55ZR17 Pirelli® Phantom Sportcomp
||Wet - 410 ln.
||Maximum - 5.5 in.
||Constant mesh 6-speed
||DOHC inline twin cylinder; 8 valves
|Bore x Stroke
||80 x 68.6 mm
||TCI (Transistor Controlled Ignition)
Front - 41 mm telescopic fork; 5.1-in travel
Rear - Single shock, adjustable preload; 5.1-in travel
Matte Gray / Aluminum
||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)