2015 Yamaha V Star 650 Custom
V Star Custom
LOW AND LEAN. JUST LIKE THE PRICE.
It's tough to find more bang for your buck than the V Star Custom. It features beautiful, stripped-down old-school hot rod styling, light-handling 474-pound total weight, a potent 40-cubic-inch air-cooled V-twin and a confidence-inspiring low 27.4-inch seat height. Plus, an endless array of Star Custom Accessories to help you make it your own.
- Industry-leading Star family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents that create a stunningly timeless machine.
- Large, 4.2-gallon teardrop fuel tank features class-leading fuel capacity for extra-long-distance cruising range.
- Beautiful, tank-mounted speedometer is designed with a large face for easy reading of tripmeter/odometer displays and turn signal, neutral, high beam, and engine diagnostic indicator lights.
- Chrome, bullet-style 60/55-watt halogen headlight adds a nice, stylish touch and maximizes nighttime visibility.
- Maintenance-free 12V 10AH battery ensures reliable, no-fuss starting.
- Under seat helmet holder increases convenience for the rider.
- Locking compartment under side cover. Secure storage for small items.
- Stout, large-diameter steel frame is designed to provide low seat height with ample rider legroom.
- The bobbed fender evoke’s a look that’s both sporty and stylish.
- Extra long, 63.4-inch wheelbase adds to rider comfort, handling, and creates a long and low retro look.
- Large, low-profile seat provides exceptional rider comfort while low, 27.4-inch seat height allows rider to put feet down for extra confidence at stoplights.
- 41mm aluminum telescopic front fork with 5.5 inches of travel and tube protectors ensures a smooth ride with stylishly sporty durability.
- Link-type, preload-adjustable single rear shock with 3.4 inches of travel provides excellent handling and plusher ride quality.
- Rear shock is tucked out of sight under sporty bobtail fender for that classic, hardtail look.
- Single front disc and rear drum brakes deliver strong, confidence-inspiring stopping power.
- Narrow front tire on wire-spoked wheel completes the Custom’s design and delivers quick steering for sporty handling.
- Beautifully chromed and polished 40-cubic-inch (649cc) air-cooled, SOHC 70-degree V-twin cranks out torquey low and mid-range power with minimal engine rpm—maximum torque is reached at only 3000 rpm—for powerful, smooth cruising performance.
- Forged, lightweight pistons. Greater durability and reduced vibration and reciprocating mass.
- Efficient and quiet shaft drive. Requires almost no maintenance.
- Ceramic-composite, cylinder-bore plating ensures superior heat dissipation. Offers better cooling and longer engine life.
- Thick, cylinder cooling fins. Enhances the stylish look while increasing efficiency.
- Dual, heated Mikuni® 28mm carburetors with a throttle position sensor (TPS) features a progressive pulley, electronic fuel pump and handy side-mounted air filter. Provides a consistent fuel flow, great throttle response and optimum power throughout the rev-range.
- Wide-ratio five-speed transmission ensures extremely usable, cruiser-friendly power delivery to the asphalt.
- Two-into-two chrome exhaust pipes create sleek styling and deliver maximum low- and mid-range engine output.
- The V Star Custom is the lightest of the full-size Stars, which means great handling and performance are along for the ride, too.
- Dual exhausts, custom-looking clear turn signals, lots of chrome—the V Star Custom represents tremendous cruiser bang for the buck.
- Classic rigid-look rear end serves up 3.4 inches of rear wheel travel damped by a hidden preload-adjustable shock, offering up a great ride.
- 27.4-inch seat height lets riders get both feet on the pavement.
- Estimated 49 mpg* means over 200 miles of riding before fill-ups.
||V Star 650 Custom
||Front: Hydraulic disc, 298mm Rear: 200mm drum
||Front: 100/90-19 Rear: 170/80-15
||514 lb / California model: 518 lb
||5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
||40-cubic-inch (649cc) air-cooled 70° V-twin; SOHC, 2 valves/cylinder
|Bore x Stroke
||81.0 x 63.0mm
||(2) 28mm Mikuni® CV carburetors
||TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
||Front: 41mm telescopic fork; 5.5" travel Rear: Single shock; adjustable preload, 3.4-in travel
||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)