PRACTICALITY PLUS PERFORMANCE
Adaptable performance, good value and a long list of sport touring features makes the new Tracer 900 the perfect ride partner.
- BODYWORK AND WINDSCREEN: The windscreen is now taller, for improved wind protection and features a one-handed adjustment system to three positions without the use of tools. Front nose to tail, the Tracer 900 features updated bodywork for a higher-quality, more cleanly integrated design.
- STANDARD CENTERSTAND: The Tracer 900 comes standard with a centerstand for added rider convenience when parking or performing cleaning and maintenance.
- POWER PORT: A 12V electric outlet, mounted adjacent to the instrument panel, comes standard to conveniently power a range of electrical accessories.
- READY TO ACCESSORIZE: The Tracer 900 is ready for a range of Genuine Yamaha accessories, including windscreens, luggage and more. Performance-minded riders can also install a Quick Shift System to unlock clutchless full- throttle upshifts for even sportier performance.
Chassis / Suspension
- PLUSH, CONTROLLED SUSPENSION: For excellent damping characteristics, the front suspension is an inverted fork with 41 mm inner tubes with 5.4 inches of travel. The front suspension features adjustment for spring preload and rebound damping.
- COMPACT, HORIZONTAL MONOSHOCK: The rear suspension features a linked-type Monocross® shock. The shock is positioned below the seat and features an almost horizontal alignment. This unique positioning contributes to mass centralization and a slimmer body design. The rear suspension is also adjustable for spring preload and rebound damping.
- POWERFUL, CONTROLLABLE BRAKES: Front brakes consist of two floating 298 mm discs with 4-piston calipers. The calipers are radial mounted for improved feel just like Yamaha’s race-winning super-sport machines. The standard anti-lock brake system (ABS) works to help prevent wheel lock during hard deceleration for additional braking security.
- EXTENDED RANGE: Large 4.8 gallon fuel tank provides generous range for fewer stops on the open road.
- UPDATED ALUMINUM CHASSIS: The Tracer 900 aluminum frame utilizes Yamaha’s Controlled Fill vacuum casting technology to create a strong, compact chassis with the engine as a stressed member for balanced rigidity. A longer swingarm improves the feeling of drive from the rear tire.
- ADJUSTABLE ERGONOMICS: The tapered aluminum handlebar is narrower for 2019 and features lighter, sleeker handlebar guards to match. The handlebar mounts are adjustable laterally between two positions to accommodate different rider preferences, while the rider’s seat can be easily adjusted 0.6 inches up or down for additional legroom. Passenger legroom is also improved for 2019 thanks to revised passenger footpeg positioning.
- YAMAHA CHIP CONTROLLED THROTTLE: The ride-by-wire YCC-T system senses the slightest throttle input by the rider, instantaneously calculates the ideal throttle valve opening, and then actuates the throttle valves to actively control intake volume. This technology contributes to the rider’s feeling of torque and controllability from the 3-cylinder engine.
- SELECTABLE ENGINE CHARACTER: The Tracer 900 is equipped with Yamaha D-MODE (or “Drive Mode”) variable throttle control system. The rider can choose at will from three throttle valve control maps for different throttle response characteristics, each tuned specifically for the Tracer 900.
- ADJUSTABLE TRACTION CONTROL: A Traction Control System (TCS) assists the rider in managing traction on various road conditions by quickly modulating throttle opening, ignition timing and fuel volume. The Tracer 900 TCS includes three modes to suit various road conditions, and can be disabled by the rider if they so choose.
- HIGH-TECH INSTRUMENTATION: A high contract all-LCD display provides a clear display of engine and road speed, electronic systems such as traction control and D-Mode, fuel range, economy and more.
- ADVANCED 3-CYLINDER POWERPLANT: The Tracer 900 features an 847 cc liquid-cooled, inline 3-cylinder, DOHC, 12-valve engine derived from the award winning MT-09. This engine combines high-tech components such as offset cylinders, fracture-split connecting rods and staggered intake funnels with a crossplane concept crankshaft to deliver an exciting, sporty engine character with plenty of torque for flexibility and relaxed highway comfort.
- CROSSPLANE CONCEPT CP3® ENGINE: The Tracer 900 “crossplane crankshaft concept” engine provides linear torque development in response to the rider’s throttle input, for responsive engine thrust with a strong feeling of power in the low- to mid-rpm range. To boost refinement and provide a smoother ride, the CP3 engine uses a compact counterbalancer to cancel out vibration.
- ASSIST AND SLIPPER CLUTCH: Yamaha’s assist and slipper clutch gives the rider smoother, more confident downshifts when entering corners aggressively, as well as a lighter pull effort at the lever in day-to-day riding, all while easily handling the torque of the 847 cc high-output motor.
- COMPACT 6-SPEED TRANSMISSION: The Tracer 900 transmission gearing takes full advantage of the low-to-midrange torque of the CP3 engine, while being designed to be very compact: the crankshaft, input and output shafts are “stacked” in a triangular layout to centralize mass and keep the engine shorter front-to-back, which allows optimized engine placement in the frame for outstanding handling.
- MASS-CENTRALIZED 3-INTO-1 EXHAUST SYSTEM: By placing the muffler low in the frame and as close to the center of the machine as possible, overall handling is enhanced. Featuring a short, slash-cut exhaust outlet, the Tracer 900 sings out with a sporty 3-cylinder exhaust note, too.
New for 2019
- UPDATED STYLING: Smoothly flowing bodywork gives the Tracer 900 a sporty, high-quality appearance, highlighted by a larger windscreen redesigned for improved wind protection and quicker adjustment, handlebar guards, and integrated sidecase mounts.
- UPDATED ERGONOMICS: With a narrower handlebar, the Tracer 900 gives the rider a compact feeling of control, while the passenger enjoys reshaped grab rails and greater legroom. Both riders also get new seats for improved long-distance comfort.
- REVISED CHASSIS: The updated aluminum swingarm is longer for a better feeling of drive force from the potent 847 cc engine.
- PRACTICALITY PLUS PERFORMANCE: The Tracer™ 900 brings sport touring to a new level, with sports-oriented performance and amenities including a reshaped height-adjustable windshield, refined bodywork, an adjustable riding position with new seats, 12V electrical outlet, integrated sidecase mounts, and a generous 4.8 gallon fuel tank. The Tracer 900 is ideal for the daily commute, short fun rides, or weekend getaways.
- STUNNING 3-CYLINDER ENGINE: The Tracer 900 features an 847 cc liquid-cooled, inline 3-cylinder, DOHC, 12-valve engine derived from the award winning MT-09™. This engine combines high-tech components with a crossplane concept crankshaft to deliver an exciting, sporty engine character with plenty of torque for flexibility and relaxed highway comfort.
- ADVANCED ENGINE CONTROL: Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle (YCC-T®) is Yamaha’s exclusive ride-by-wire throttle system, derived from MotoGP® technology. YCC-T works to give the rider smooth, precise throttle feel with D-Mode adjustable throttle response and an integrated multi-mode Traction Control System (TCS) for confidence on roads in less than ideal conditions.
- REVISED CHASSIS AND ERGONOMICS: The Tracer 900 aluminum frame utilizes Yamaha’s Controlled Fill vacuum casting technology to create a strong, compact chassis with the engine as a stressed member for balanced rigidity. A longer swingarm improves the feeling of drive from the rear tire. Passenger footpegs, narrower handlebar and new seats boost comfort, too.
- TOP SHELF FEATURES: Modern and stylish LED lighting—including an all-LED headlight unit—offers superior visibility and complements the Tracer 900 design. The multi-function LCD instrument panel is designed to visually relay data to the rider quickly and clearly, including fuel consumption info and gear position. A centerstand comes standard, as does ABS.
Front - Dual 298 mm hydraulic disc; ABS
Rear - 245 mm hydraulic disc; ABS
Front - 120/70ZR17
Rear - 180/55ZR17
||Liquid-cooled, inline 3-cylinder DOHC with 12 valves
|Bore x Stroke
||78 x 59.1 mm
||Fuel injection with YCC-T
||TCI (Transistor Controlled Ignition)
||Multi-plate assist and slipper
Front - 41 mm inverted fork, adjustable preload and rebound damping; 5.4 in. travel
Rear - Single shock, adjustable preload and rebound damping; 5.1 in. travel