THE ULTIMATE STREET FIGHTER - NOW EVEN MEANER
The new FZ®-09's powerful 847cc in-line 3-cylinder crossplane crankshaft concept engine and new refinements deliver huge thrills, style and class-leading performance.
- COMFORTABLE, UPRIGHT ERGONOMICS: Enjoy every ride thanks to upright ergonomics that balance front-end feedback with do-it-all practicality. The tapered aluminum handlebar, ideal placement of the seat and footpegs, and ultra-narrow frame and fuel tank create an excellent sense of feel between rider and machine. The new seat is flatter for improved rider comfort, and roomier for a passenger, too.
- NEW LED LIGHTING: In addition to compact new turn signals, the new FZ-09 features LED headlights for brilliant illumination. The quad headlight unit produces a crisp spread of light for confidence in low-light conditions, and is matched to a new 3D taillight design for head-turning style.
- AGGRESSIVE NEW STYLING: The 2017 FZ-09 features an aggressive style with a higher quality and more modern look, centered on the new floating-style headlight unit with quad LED headlights. New radiator shrouds and air scoops give a more unified, mass-forward appearance, accentuated by the shortened tail section. And a new swingarm-mounted fender gives the FZ-09 a stunning new profile unlike anything in the FZ range.
- READY TO ACCESSORIZE: The 2017 FZ-09 is ready for a range of Genuine Yamaha accessories, including windscreens, luggage and more. Performance-minded riders can also install a new Quick Shift System to allow for clutchless full-throttle upshifts for maximum acceleration.
Chassis / Suspension
- POWERFUL BRAKES WITH ABS: The FZ-09’s front brakes consist of paired floating 298 mm discs with radial-mount, 4-piston calipers, backed up by a 245 mm rear rotor, creating an ideal combination of power and feel. For 2017, the FZ-09 now comes standard with an Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), for additional security when slowing in less than ideal conditions.
- ADVANCED 3-CYLINDER ENGINE: The FZ-09 is powered by an 847cc liquid-cooled, inline 3-cylinder, DOHC engine with downdraft intake and ride-by-wire throttle control. With a 78.0 x 59.1 mm bore x stroke and 11.5:1 compression ratio, it produces an exciting, torquey and quick-revving engine character, perfectly splitting the best characteristics of both 2- and 4-cylinder motors in a compact, lightweight package.
- OFFSET CYLINDER BLOCK: The CP3 engine mounts its three cylinder bores 5 mm forward, towards the exhaust side. This offset reduces piston to cylinder wall friction, for more power and improved fuel economy.
Front - 298 mm dual hydraulic disc; ABS
Rear - 245 mm hydraulic disc; ABS
Front - 120/70ZR17
Rear - 180/55ZR17
||Wet - 425 lb.
||Maximum - 5.3 in.
||DOHC, inline 3-cylinder, 4-stroke, 12 valves
|Bore x Stroke
||78 x 59.1 mm
||Fuel injection with YCC-T
||TCI (Transistor Controlled Ignition)
||Multi-plate assist and slipper wet
Front - 41mm inverted fork, fully adjustable; 5.4 in. travel
Rear - Single shock, adjustable preload and rebound damping; 5.1 in. travel
||Caster angle - 25°
||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)