SUPERSPORT TOURING AT ITS FINEST
The 2016 FJR1300A™ features an all-new six-speed transmission, with a new assist-and-slipper clutch for reduced lever effort and smoother downshifts.
- PUTTING THE "SPORT" IN SUPERSPORT TOURING: The 2016 FJR1300A features a compact and lightweight, 1,298 cc, DOHC, 16 valve, liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder engine that delivers superb power and torque for unequaled muscular acceleration across the RPM range.
- ADVANCED YCC-T ENGINE CONTROL, TRACTION CONTROL, CRUISE CONTROL, D-MODE ENGINE MAPPING: Yamaha’s exclusive Chip Controlled Throttle YCC-T, a ride-by-wire system provides crisp, seamless throttle response. YCC-T also allows for other advanced systems that are ideal for Supersport Touring such as traction control, cruise control and D-Mode adjustable engine mapping.
- NEW LED LIGHTING SYSTEM: Headlined by the new LED headlight system and LED tail light design, the FJR1300A features stylish, supersport-inspired bodywork with integrated airflow management that keeps the rider comfortable when weather conditions vary.
- ADJUSTABILITY FOR RIDER AND PASSENGER COMFORT: A range of features make the FJR1300A the ideal travel companion, including adjustable ergonomics, a push-button adjustable windscreen, a plush seat designed for rider and passenger, integrated hard luggage and a large 6.6 gallon fuel tank.
- NEW 6-SPEED TRANSMISSION: An all-new transmission pushes the 2016 FJR1300A to new heights, with the revised ratios providing evenly spaced gearing for sporty riding, with a tall sixth gear for relaxed cruising on the highway. Additionally, the transmission gears are now helically cut, for smoother, quieter running, and new separated gear dogs improve transmission performance.
- NEW ASSIST-AND-SLIPPER CLUTCH: The FJR1300A includes a new assist-and-slipper clutch unit that provides additional clutch plate clamping force under engine torque, as well as reduced force under back-torque from the rear wheel. This allows for the use of lighter clutch springs - reducing clutch lever effort by approximately 20% - as well as smoother, more refined downshifting.
- EFFORTLESS, BIG-BORE THRUST: The FJR1300A features a compact 1,298 cc, DOHC, 16-valve, liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder engine that delivers superb power and torque, for an unequaled spread of muscle over a wide rpm range. The engine is always ready to respond with strong passing power, even with a passenger and full load of luggage aboard.
- ADVANCED ENGINE DESIGN: The slant-block motor design uses stacked, tri-axis gearbox shafts to minimize engine size while optimizing chassis geometry for balanced weight distribution and great handling. Inside, lightweight forged pistons with carburized connecting rods provide superb strength and reduced reciprocating mass for outstanding durability and performance.
- TRACTION CONTROL: The FJR1300A’s Traction Control System detects tire slip and adjusts ignition timing, fuel injection volume, and throttle valve opening to help prevent uncontrolled wheelspin. The system is designed to let the operator ride on roads that have limited traction with greater confidence.
- CRUISE CONTROL: Cruise control makes touring a breeze, adjusting a set speed via a single push to the switch or, for larger adjustments, by continuously pushing the switch. A resume function returns the cruise control to the most recent setting, while activating the brakes, clutch or throttle return releases the cruise control.
- ADVANCED RIDE-BY-WIRE FUEL INJECTION: The FJR1300A makes use of Yamaha’s Chip Controlled Throttle (YCC-T), a ride-by-wire system that provides crisp, seamless throttle response in a variety of altitude and weather conditions—ideally matched to the refined and sporty nature of the FJR.
- ADJUSTABLE D-MODE THROTTLE: Thanks to the flexibility provided by YCC-T, the FJR1300A gives riders a choice of two throttle response modes to best suit preferences and riding conditions. T-Mode provides a smooth throttle response, ideal for touring, while the S-Mode maximizes performance response for a sportier, more aggressive character.
- COMPACT AND EFFICIENT SHAFT DRIVE: The FJR1300A features a clean, quiet running and extremely durable shaft drive to the rear wheel. Built to handle the big mileage numbers touring riders rack up, the shaft drive system require minimal maintenance and lets the rider focus on the journey.
- HIGH EFFICIENCY DUAL EXHAUST: The four-into-one-into-two stainless-steel exhaust optimizes engine performance across the powerband, and an updated catalyst runs cleaner than ever before.
- NEW LED LIGHTING: The bold new face of the FJR1300A features stylish all-LED lighting, including a quad-element LED headlight assembly. The LED system produces bright, sharp light and uses less power. As on the previous FJR, the headlights also feature tool-less adjustment of headlight angle to account for vehicle loads. Finally, a new LED tail lamp assembly adds even more style and quality.
- REVISED BODYWORK: Headlined by the new LED headlight system, stylish, supersport-inspired bodywork with integrated airflow management keeps the rider comfortable. A central vent beneath the instrument panel reduces negative pressure for less buffeting, and tool-less adjustable fairing side panels let the rider direct lower body airflow.
- ADJUSTABLE EVERYTHING: A good touring machine adapts to the rider, and the FJR1300A is ready and willing. The plush, thick saddle offers plenty of comfort and is adjustable over 0.8 inches without tools. The handlebars can be set to one of three positions to fine-tune rider ergonomics. And the windscreen is electronically adjustable over a range of 5.1 inches.
- ADVANCED SUSPENSION: The FJR1300A’s advanced fork and shock are tuned for an ideal balance of chassis control and plush comfort. The 48 mm fork is fully adjustable to account for rider preferences and road conditions, while the shock features both preload and rebound damping adjustments.
- POWERFUL, SECURE BRAKING: Advanced brakes front and rear provide exceptional braking power and control, and are linked via Yamaha’s Unified Braking System, for balanced braking power. ABS further boosts rider confidence by preventing wheel lock-ups in reduced-traction conditions.
- HIGH-STRENGTH ALUMINUM FRAME: Similar to Yamaha’s supersport machines, the FJR1300A features a beefy aluminum frame to provide an ideal balance of chassis stiffness and feedback, with a long swingarm to provide enhanced traction and improve rear suspension action.
- LARGE FUEL TANK: The ergonomically-shaped, large-capacity, 6.6-gallon fuel tank offers excellent comfort, generous range and is constructed from steel, allowing for the use of magnetic tank bags.
- UPDATED INSTRUMENTATION: The revised three-part instrument panel provides riders with all the information they need while enjoying the road, including trip computer functions, riding modes and more. Riders can easily customize the dot-matrix multi-function display to show the information they want with a flick of the bar-mounted switchgear, too.
- INTEGRATED LUGGAGE: Subframe-fitted, quick-release luggage mounts allow easy use of the standard fitted hard side cases, which are conveniently matched to the ignition key. Each case is designed to match the lines of the FJR1300A, provide plenty of storage space, and thanks to the compact mounting system, overall vehicle width is minimized for in-town maneuverability.
- STANDARD HEATED GRIPS: The FJR1300A includes heated grips straight from factory, adjustable through the multi-function instrumentation, with four settings (three settings plus off) of available heat for cooler conditions and foul weather.
- FAIRING-MOUNTED STORAGE: A glove box is built into the upper fairing and includes a 12V outlet ideal for charging phones, GPS units, electric vests and other compact electrical devices.
Front - Dual 320 mm disc, UBS ABS
Rear - 282 mm disc, UBS ABS
Front - 120/70-ZR17
Rear - 180/55-ZR17
||52.2 - 57.3 in.
||Wet - 635 lbs. (CA 637 lbs.)
||31.7 or 32.5 in.
||DOHC inline 4-cylinder, 16-valves
|Bore x Stroke
||79 x 66.2 mm
||10.8 : 1
||Yamaha fuel injection with YCC-T
||TCI (Transistor Controlled Ignition)
||Multi-plate assist-and-slipper wet
Front - 48 mm fork; fully adjustable; 5.3 in. travel
Rear - Single shock; adjustable spring preload and rebound damping; 4.9 in. travel
||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)