2018 Yamaha Kodiak 700 EPS SE
TOUGH GOOD LOOKS
Available in a stunning Carbon Metallic or Tactical Black finish and cast aluminum wheels, the class-leading Kodiak 700 EPS SE looks as good as it works.
- WORK-READY TOW CAPACITY: Heavy-duty ball mount comes standard and can tow more than 1,300 pounds.
- FRONT AND REAR CARGO RACKS: Rugged, large-diameter steel cargo racks with durable wrinkle paint finish can pack a total of 308 pounds combined (110 lb. front, 198 lb. rear).
- COMFORTABLE SEAT: Seat is long and plush, improving rider comfort for extended work days or trail exploring.
- ASSEMBLED IN USA: Assembled Real World Tough™ in Newnan, GA, U.S.A.
Chassis / Suspension
- HEAVY DUTY TIRES: Exclusively designed 25-inch Maxxis® tires provide precise steering, optimize comfort and maximize available traction.
- INDEPENDENT DOUBLE WISHBONE FRONT AND REAR SUSPENSION: Independent double wishbone suspension, with 7.1 in. of front wheel travel and 9.1 in. at the rear, provides excellent rider comfort even on the toughest trails, thanks to nitrogen-charged shocks.
- FRONT DISC BRAKES AND SEALED WET REAR BRAKE: Hydraulic front disc brakes serve up powerful and consistent braking performance to add to rider confidence, while the sealed rear brake is protected from dirt, rocks and mud.
- LONG RANGE FUEL TANK: An optimized 4.76-gallon fuel tank is located under the seat for excellent mass centralization and handling.
- GENEROUS GROUND CLEARANCE: The Kodiak 700 EPS offers 10.8 inches of ground clearance and full-length composite skid plates to deliver maximum underbelly protection for a wide variety of terrain.
- AGGRESSIVE AND DURABLE STYLING: Durable wrinkled-finish carry bar resists scratching, while injection-molded fenders protect against rock and debris damage.
- EXCELLENT TORQUE: The engine features a 10.1:1 compression ratio and the four-valve head delivers optimum torque for excellent responsiveness, even with heavy cargo loads.
- HIGH-MOUNTED AIR INTAKE: A long, high-mounted air intake layout increases power and torque while providing additional room for center storage and easy “no tools” servicing of the large air filter element.
- STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST: Stainless steel exhaust system features a screen-type spark arrestor for great power with minimum noise output.
- HIGH-CAPACITY RADIATOR WITH FAN: High-capacity radiator with fan-assist delivers excellent air flow for maximum cooling efficiency and is positioned high in the frame for optimal protection.
- GATED SHIFT LEVER: Yamaha’s peerless Ultramatic transmission runs through a five-position shift lever with High, Low, Neutral, Reverse and Park gates—for positive and precise transmission operation.
- DRIVE SYSTEM AIR INTAKE: Specially designed high-mounted drive system air intake helps reduce drive system temperatures and assists in keeping water and debris from entering the drive case.
- SPECIAL EDITION PACKAGE: Kodiak 700 EPS Special Edition models feature the unrivaled capability of Yamaha's On-Command® 4WD system and eye-catching painted bodywork paired with durable alloy wheels.
- HIGH-TECH ENGINE, BUILT FOR THE REAL WORLD: The Kodiak™ 700 EPS SE features a powerful 708 cc, 4-valve, fuel-injected engine with optimized torque, power delivery and engine character—ideal for smooth, quiet operation all day long.
- ULTRAMATIC® – THE INDUSTRY’S MOST DURABLE CVT TRANSMISSION: Kodiak 700 EPS SE’s Ultramatic® transmission features a gated shifter, dual- range (Hi/Lo) drive plus reverse gear and is the most advanced drive system available. Additionally, the gear ratio and Kodiak-specific CVT settings are designed to lower engine RPM and provide a smooth, easy-to-use power character. An automatic centrifugal clutch maintains constant belt tension for reduced belt wear and a sprag clutch provides natural all-wheel engine braking.
- YAMAHA’S EXCLUSIVE ON-COMMAND® 4WD: The three-position On-Command 4WD system lets you switch between 2WD, limited-slip 4WD and a fully locked differential 4WD all with the simple push of a button. Override button allows engine to make maximum rpm in full diff lock mode.
- COMPACT, COMFORTABLE CHASSIS: The Kodiak 700 EPS SE features a compact and comfortable chassis with fully independent suspension, exclusively-designed 25-inch Maxxis® tires and wide arc A-arms providing optimum terrainability, comfort and handling.
- CLASS-LEADING POWER STEERING: Yamaha’s Electric Power Steering (EPS) provides the industry’s best balance of steering assist and positive feedback from the trail, providing maximum comfort and confidence.
||Kodiak 700 EPS SE
Front - Dual hydraulic disc
Rear - Multi-disc wet
||Front / Rear - AT25 x 8-12 Maxxis® MU19
||Wet - 687 lb.
||Maximum - 10.8 in.
||Ultramatic® V-belt with all-wheel engine braking / Hi, Lo, Neutral, Reverse, Park
||Yamaha On-Command® 3-way locking differential; 2WD, 4WD, locked 4WD; shaft
||4-stroke, DOHC, 4-valves
|Bore x Stroke
||103 x 85 mm
||TCI (Transistor Controlled Ignition)
||Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI), 44 mm
Front and rear - Independent double wishbone, 5-way preload adjustment
Front Travel - 7.1 in.
Rear Travel - 9.1 in.
Front Rack - 110 lb.
Rear Rack- 198 lb.
||6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)
ATVs are recommended for those aged 16 years and older. YAMAHA recommends an approved training course. See your dealer or call 1-800-887-2887. ATV’s can be hazardous to operate.